Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Yahoo Musicmatch Jukebox player complaint

by stahu / December 12, 2007 4:43 AM PST

I've had Musicmatch Jukebox Plus since 2001 and was very happy with it. It was the best player/recorder going. Then Yahoo bought them out a couple years ago everything was fine until they decided to stop supporting the old Musicmatch and redesigned it to "Yahoo Musicmatch" to force us to resubscribe to the new one which is a downgrade from what I had.

I had bought the "Plus" upgrade in 2001, which was a "Lifetime" subscription and I'm mad as Hell that I lost what I had bought and paid for and was happy with. This should be illegal to just "turn off" somebody's software to force them to buy their new version.

That's kind of like GM stopping my 2003 Monte Carlo from running because they quit making them this year!

I hope others out are mad like I am and start a lawsuit against Yahoo!
I'll join and help them!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Yahoo Musicmatch Jukebox player complaint
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Yahoo Musicmatch Jukebox player complaint
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
wow thats pretty stupid
by x.killeddestiny.x / December 15, 2007 1:11 PM PST

I was once a musicmatch jukebox user too until I used windows xp and media player 10 (yes I was late to upgrade to xp it was like 05) Anyways I checked out jukebox when Yahoo bought it and its complete crap and I think its stupid how you lost your subscription to plus but I don't think you can do anything about it because its a new company. My advice switch to iTunes, WMP, Winamp or there are alot of other great programs open-source and close-source.

Collapse -
wow thats pretty stupid
by stahu / December 15, 2007 1:53 PM PST

Thanks for the come-back x.killeddestiny.x! I've already changed to Creative Sound Blaster, but it's a cheap player that came with my sound card upgrade. It has "line-in" recording which I want, (I'm putting my 55 year old record collection on my computer and then making CD's to play in my vehicles), but it doesn't print out jewel cases and it doesn't allow you to tag songs like Musicmatch. I've been making song lists on my word processor but that's a pain. Do you know anything about "Realplayer"? Some songs I've downloaded have notes that they were made on Realplayer.

Collapse -
Music match cancelled lifetime membership???????
by gumba391 / March 7, 2009 12:57 AM PST

Yep its a real screwing,same thing happened to me.I refuse to pay a 2nd time when what I originally paid for was a lifetime membership!Other companys are doing the same thing,such as collectorz.com.Anyone have a suggestion?

Collapse -
Yahoo Musicmatch Jukebox player complaint
by stevezachjohnson / April 4, 2009 7:48 PM PDT

Wow! that is just plain rude to Musicmatch Jukebox player fans... I sure hope some other company will buy it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?