General discussion

Yahoo Mail & Mozilla

I run Mozilla and OE on my laptop with W7. I can access Yahoo Mail if I use OE but not Mozilla.

On my wife's laptop I can access Yahoo Mail using OE and Mozilla.

My password and user id are correct. What's going on and what's the fix. Yahoo has been no help.

Sheldon

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Yahoo Mail & Mozilla
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Yahoo Mail & Mozilla
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
OE on Windows 7?

Are you sure? The methods to get OE working on 7 are far beyond the average owner.

Also, Mozilla makes a few browsers such as Firefox and SeaMonkey but the Mozilla browser hasn't been around for a very long time.

Can you clear this up by telling more?
Bob

- Collapse -
Yahoo Mail

Sorry for the confusion. I have two browsers. One is IE not OE and the Mozilla browser is Firefox. I'm running Windows 7. My wife's computer runs Vista and has the same IE and Firefox browsers.

Sheldon.

- Collapse -
Recap.

- On your wife's laptop (Vista) you can access your Yahoo mail both in Firefox and in Internet Explorer.
- On your own laptop (Windows 7) you can access your Yahoo mail in Internet Explorer, but not in Firefox.
The password and userid in Firefox are OK.

I'd first try Firefox in a new Windows account. If that works, I'd delete the Firefox profile in my current account and try again; Firefox will built a new one.
Of course, I should backup my Firefox profile first, either the full set of files or using the FEBE add-on. And I know how to restore my favorites and I don't rely on cookies to contain all those passwords I forgot already long ago.

Kees

- Collapse -
In that case, check out this recent discussion.
- Collapse -
Yahoo Mail & Mozilla - New!

I think you need to uninstall your mozilla firefox and reinstall again. Sometime it happen that while accessing two browsers simultaneously one browser stop working and become crash so it is my advice for you is to run only one browser at one time.

CNET Forums