PC Applications forum

General discussion

yahoo bookmarks or better?

by peter007744 / October 20, 2006 1:43 AM PDT

First problem: I use yahoo bookmarks, but I have over 1,000 book marks. And I think yahoo bookmarks only lets you save up to 1,000 and no more... do you know of any different and or better FREE programs that will let you store more than 1,000?

SECOND question: I am using mozilla firefox more and more and only use IE 6 and soon to be IE7 when I need to. (like in hotmail email application when you click on delete certain emails, after you click on ?delete? the pop up window that asks if you are sure you want to delete the emails? doesn?t open up large enough for you to click ?ok? and you cant resize it ..etc and some other finance web sites that don?t play well with mozilla?etc)

anways, I am trying to find the best way of SYNCRONIZING (so I don?t duplicate) all of my favorites in mozilla (probably around 800, some unique and some duplicates) with the over 1,000 favorites in my IE6 and soon to be IE7?

Forever indebt! Thanks so much in advance for any info!

Best,

peter

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: yahoo bookmarks or better?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: yahoo bookmarks or better?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Options...
by John.Wilkinson / October 20, 2006 1:23 PM PDT

1.) I don't use any online services for bookmarks...I simply use Firefox. Portable Firefox can be installed to and run from a flash drive, meaning you have your browser, preferences, and bookmarks with you no matter where you go.

2.) To take care of the sizing issue I use the extension JavaScript Options. (Sorry, it's no longer available from Mozilla.) It adds a new menu under Options so that you can prevent a website from hiding the address bar, preventing you from resizing the window, etc. In short, you once again have control over your browser.

3.) You can use the Import option in both Firefox and Internet Explorer to import bookmarks/favorites from the other. You can then use the extension Bookmark Duplicate Detector to eliminate all of the dupes.

Just keep me in mind if you win the lottery. Happy
John

Collapse -
thanks
by peter007744 / October 21, 2006 3:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Options...

John,

thanks so much for the info.. i dont have time today to try your suggestions but will first thing monday morning and let you know how they went..

i will play the lottery this weekend Happy

thanks again!
pete

Collapse -
Another Aternative to Bookmarks/Favorites
by DarCLew2 / October 22, 2006 3:11 AM PDT

I have mine in Yahoo also but, in the event someting goes wrong, have them put on a wordpad (the url), drop in a floppy, click the floppy icon and put on A drive. Also portable and can be copied to another floppy. You can create a second floppy with more Bookmarks and they are portable. rub pennies together and they squeak
Darrell Lewis

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!