eSobi v2
Abobe Reader
sims 2
sim city 4

if any one hase advive please help

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: y is my computer so slow
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: y is my computer so slow
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: slow computer

I'd start with adding 1 Gb RAM, so you've got 2 Gb in stead of one. That should make a noticeable difference. Then disable Aero (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-aero-on-windows-vista/) to see if that helps.

Then go into Task Manager, and tell what processes are using the most CPU (say, the top-5) while you're doing something (tell what!) that you find so slow.

Kees

- Collapse -
Plus...

Scanning for malware isn't a bad idea either. You can do it with your anti virus and anti spyware software. If you don't have an anti virus or anti spyware (you probably have Windows Defender, which is an anti spyware), you can download AVG Free (free.grisoft.com), and Lavasoft's Ad-aware Free (lavasoft.com).
Good luck,
Ido
friendfeed.com/idanh14

- Collapse -
thanks for the comment

i have avg so i will give i a go thanks for the comment

- Collapse -
thanks for the comment 2

ok i will think about puting in more ram

- Collapse -
Well, you do use Limewire.

It's a common issue with slow machines as the owners downloads pests and more on their machines. Even with the best of scans we're never quite sure what we'll find.

- Collapse -
thanks for the comment 3

i do not download a lot of things about 1 or 2 films a month

- Collapse -
Which is a source of malware too.

Time to get scanning.

- Collapse -
thanks for the comment 5

ok i will

- Collapse -
it's slow b/c...

To get faster I recommend an upgrade
at least 2 GHz processor
at least 2 gigabytes of RAM
A better graphics card would help

or downgrade to Windows XP. Vista is always slow unless you have a really fast PC.

- Collapse -
thanks for the comment 4

yeh i will get more ram and maybe a new procesor

- Collapse -
limewire + avg = scary

If you're gonna do 'risky' behavior, you need to protect yourself better than AVG.

If you're computer starts acting up and you've been doing risky stuff, let's rule out the obvious first, eh.

CNET Forums