General discussion

XPS M1330: Dead Graphics Card not being replaced

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS M1330 which is affected with a bad graphics card, that under the NVIDIA class action lawsuit you can claim a replacement for

http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/index.html

Thing is I am not in the US, and my Dell is outside the warranty period. Under the waranty period my entire motherboard and LCD were replaced due to the same graphic card problem, now I have had the same problem and had to pack away my laptop just when it was 2 yrs old.

I want to know is there any recourse available for affected customers outside of the US? To me its very blatant that Dell will replace the faulty card for US customers free of charge, while leaving the non-US customers with the same problem with a hefty charge.

Model: XPS M1330, Code Q510957
Graphics Card: PN039, -NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 8400M GS with 128MB GDDR3

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: XPS M1330: Dead Graphics Card not being replaced
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: XPS M1330: Dead Graphics Card not being replaced
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
M1330 Video

There has been a class action lawsuit filed because of this. Search the web for information.

- Collapse -
Pls read

Yes I am perfectly aware and I have linked to their website as well, as I mentioned the class action lawsuit only covers you if the purchase was made in the USA. Do read before you post

- Collapse -
Recourse?

I would be guessing you want this fixed for free. That chipset is now well known as to the problems.

If dell won't fix it for free, then you pay for the fix or move on.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info