Samsung forum

Question

xpress M2020w wireless setup

by xpressuser / April 14, 2015 12:39 AM PDT

I have not been able to connect to the printer via wireless router. The failure message was "Invalid Network Security." I am pretty sure the network password was entered correctly. The attempts were made using a USB cable as well as without a cable. Both failed. It seemed the PC was communicating with the printer but the printer was not able to be allowed access to my WIFI router. However, I have successfully set up a few devices, including a Samsung TV, to the WIFI network at home. Not sure why it does not work for the printer. Need help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: xpress M2020w wireless setup
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: xpress M2020w wireless setup
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
From other posts.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 14, 2015 4:35 AM PDT

"Discovered it can't connect to my 802.11g-only wifi. Had to switch to mixed mode for it to work."

Call Samsung and have them walk you through router and such settings. The quote above is a router change, not a printer/driver change.
Bob

Collapse -
(NT) Verizon Fios says the wifi router is not the problem
by xpressuser / April 17, 2015 7:43 AM PDT
In reply to: From other posts.
Collapse -
Then back to Samsung.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 17, 2015 7:58 AM PDT

They usually tell you to move to 20 or so feet, reset and more. If you believe it's not the router, then it's between you and Samsung to fix it. I've run into this too many times and would never rule out the router. I carry spares on calls.
Bob

Collapse -
Problem resolved
by xpressuser / April 18, 2015 11:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Then back to Samsung.

I used Twitter to communicate with Samsung, which was slow (not live chat) but effective. After enough exchanges I was given to an expert who helped me via remote access. After several failed attempts he finally decided to reset the printer's (unplug and replug was not enough) and started again. Apparently, some wrong parameters that were entered earlier never got corrected until this reset. The next trial was successful. So it has nothing to do with the WIFI router.
Thanks for everyone's suggestions and advice!

Collapse -
(NT) Good to read.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 18, 2015 11:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Problem resolved
Collapse -
How to reset the Samsung m2020w printer?
by taylorbrackin / June 28, 2015 7:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Problem resolved

I have the exact same issue after getting a new Verizon FiOS Router. However, it sounds like you had to hard reset the printer and then it was fine.

My question is: how do you hard reset the m2020w printer?

Collapse -
PLEASE HELP? How to reset the Samsung m2020w printer?
by MHManes / March 20, 2016 8:41 PM PDT

I'm looking to reset the printer so I can get it connected with WPS. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Wireless Set up
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 18, 2015 6:21 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Installation is very simple
by omerben / December 18, 2015 4:05 AM PST

Hi xpressure,
Installation is very simple.
1- Remove all of the existing software on the computer.
2- Download drivers from samsung global sites. Alternatively you can download more quickly than this site. http://www.samsungdrivers.net/samsung-m2020w-driver/
3- Follow the setup instructions to install the software.

That's it.

Collapse -
Answer
drivers
by aiy ub / April 19, 2016 11:26 AM PDT

you can download from the global sites, or alternatively aiydriver.com

Link removed by moderator. We don't recommend driver download sites if the makers site works for you.

Post was last edited on January 30, 2017 5:40 AM PST

Collapse -
Really?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 19, 2016 11:39 AM PDT
In reply to: drivers

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!