My bet is that some menu item went missing. I'm now seeing a failing in the consumerization of this OS in that there is no connection from an installed program to a menu item. Right or wrong can be debated later, but consumers are expected to learn about this OS and be able to create a new shortcut. BUT this one may be difficult for some since the TARGET is not that obvious.
Here's the target...
1. On the desktop, right click and make a new shortcut.
2. For the target, use the next line as-is
3. For the Start in section, use the next line as-is
Hint: Change C:\Windows if your Windows isn't on C:\Windows
4. Place the comment as you see fit.
5. Drag and drop it back to the menu position as you see fit.
Intel D865 /2.6 P4 all updates / good AV, no spyware, booted after being gone on vacation and Defrag was gone-missing-absent- default icon -error box when clicked on, ran SFC /scannow- no joy, found the .inf file for defrag-right clicked-selected install, still no joy, started back thru restore points, finally to the last one ( mid of last month) and fixed it- what can I do to find what broke it??, what could I have done besides repair install- or use a prev ghost image??? Tia...