General discussion

XP Pro Home Networking

I have a small home network that I connect computers through my wireless LAN for sharing files, printers etc. I recently had to change one of my computers from a workgroup login to a domain login for work. For several reasons too long to go into here, I am not able to log into a workgroup at home and the domain at work, so I am stuck with the domain all the time.

How do I find the printers and shared drives from now that I am now longer in the workgroup?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: XP Pro Home Networking
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: XP Pro Home Networking
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Short answer

Unless certain settings on the PC now residing in a domain have occurred, you should still be able to access it. These would be such settings that would place it outside of the network as well as the workgroup and mostly have to do with its IP address. It could also be firewalled which could be a problem. If they are still on the same network as far as address "family" access is possible but might require a separate login.

- Collapse -
You don't but switching between domain and workgroup...

CNET Forums

Forum Info