General discussion

XP Pro dmio.sys is corrupted

i have a burned xp pro disk. I had to slipstream it for sata drivers. When i go to install it, i get an error that says dmio.sys is corrupted, then i have to restart. Could this be a problem with the burned cd, or is there something wrong with my slipstream set up. I have an ASUS a8v deluxe mobo, if that helps.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: XP Pro dmio.sys is corrupted
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: XP Pro dmio.sys is corrupted
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What changed from when it worked?

And if this is a new system, get the supplier to give you XP Pro install instructions. It appears the slipstreamed CD you have is faulty.

Bob

- Collapse -
completely new

this is a system i built myself, so there is no supplier. And this is the first time i am trying to install on this machine. When i run xp pro, it doesnt recognize the sata drive, so i had to make a slipstream of it.

- Collapse -
Boot Disk

I don't know if this will work for you, but its an alternative. It works for me when nothing else will.
Go to Bootdisk.com and download the six pack floppy disk file for Win XP. You'll need six clean floppies to create the disk. Number the floppies 1-6, then double click the file. You'll be cued when to insert the disks.

These disks contain the same drivers as the xp cd. Once the drivers are loaded, the cd should boot.
Best of Luck

CNET Forums

Forum Info