Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

XP Outlook

by Pagan / August 1, 2004 8:37 PM PDT

Hello..

There are times when i send emails through my XP Outlook, while sending, an error message prompted:

Undeliverable: message title
Message can not reach some or all of the intended recipients,
Subject: message title,
Sent: Date/Time,
550 relaying mail to pacific.net.sg is not allowed.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: XP Outlook
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: XP Outlook
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: XP Outlook
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 1, 2004 9:49 PM PDT
In reply to: XP Outlook

It's a simple issue, but may require more understanding that we want to know about. The message "relaying mail to pacific.net.sg is not allowed" means you can't send email through that server when you are not on their network.

It's their policy and nothing on your end will change it.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: XP Outlook
by Pagan / August 2, 2004 1:11 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: XP Outlook

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. I guess its difficult to isolate the problem/s when limited information provided. Pardon me.

Same issue, subsequently, when i tried sending the same email to same email address, it was successful. How wierd.. this happens randomly every now and then.

Could it be the server which i'm using giving that error message rather than "pacific.net.sg" becos i was prompted to contact system administrator.

Thanks in advance!

Collapse -
Yes. It looks like a server issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 2, 2004 11:25 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: XP Outlook

The problem is twofold.

1. You may have multiple email accounts and multiple email servers. This can make narrowing it down a little harder.

2. SPAM. The spam load on the server could be very high and the error is "meaningless" since Microsoft tends to not relay the error message from email servers to you.

Nothing you've written tells me that it's an issue with your setup.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: Yes. It looks like a server issue.
by Pagan / August 3, 2004 7:43 PM PDT

Hello Bob,

hmm.. I have only 1 email account, with 1 email server. This issue seem to happen only when i'm outstationed, out of Japan.

Any suggestion how i could resolve this? Thanks!

Collapse -
That's new info.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 3, 2004 9:45 PM PDT

Most ISPs don't allow you to use the SMTP server when not on their network. This is so spammers can't use it to send spam. If this is so, you'll get a no relaying allowed message.

If you are paying the ISP for remote, outside their network email, then you have to talk to them about the issue.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: That's new info.
by Pagan / August 4, 2004 11:21 AM PDT
In reply to: That's new info.

Hello Bob,

THanks!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.