General discussion

XP Install Problem with RAID0 Serial ATA drives...

I have a RAID0 system setup and I need to reinstall windows. I have 2 serial ATA hard drives. I run the windows setup program and press f6 and I load the raid drivers, then when I click the next screen it says no storage devices found. What's the problem, help?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: XP Install Problem with RAID0 Serial ATA drives...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: XP Install Problem with RAID0 Serial ATA drives...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
The problem is..

A total lack of information. I would not be able to find the install procedure given what's in your posting.

How about this. Call the place that supplied you this beast?

Bob

- Collapse -
What a nice helpful response...

I think there's plenty of information. I have 2 serial ata hard drives, setup in a RAID0 configuration. When I install Windows XP it says it cannot find any storage devices eventhough I load the raid drivers. Why even waste your time to respond to my post just to leave a smart answer...

- Collapse -
You need to read the forum tip more closely.

It's there to help avoid posts that are so light in detail that you can't be helped.

Try to fill in the details. Even the other responses noted a similar install but all the details would change.

Let me ask this.

Why haven't you taken out you IRE and SPIT on the devil that sold you this hardware?

and this too...

Why do you do business with such a person?

Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info