1. Contact the cleanconvert site about this.
2. Uninstall Office, delete the office directory from Program Files and reinstall that.
Three things are really-really-really bugging me on my WinXP laptop, please help me!
1) I installed this small application called "Clean Convert" (trial version) and it keeps showing up as a menu choice at the top of MS Word 2003. It's purpose in life is to convert Word Perfect to MS Word. I've tried everything to get rid of it. http://www.whiplashtech.com/WA/index.html
2) I installed this small application called "StayOn 1.0" It's a freeware tool that makes sure your ISP won't drop your internet connection. I've tried everything to get rid of it but it keeps showing the setup prompt when I reboot my laptop. http://www.programurl.com/stayon.htm
3) When I run MS Excel I get two prompts about 5 seconds apart
The first one says: "Windows Installer Preparing to Install"
The second one says: "Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Professional Edition 2003". I probably will not prompted again unless I run "Window Washer", however if I press "cancel" during the "Windows Installer Preparing to Install" prompt, Excel will start just fine.
Here are the things I've tried:
- The "Clean Convert" program uninstaller itself which says to find and delete "CleanConvert.dot" but it cannot find it anywhere
- XP startup
- Add or remove programs tool in the XP Control Panel
- Registry search
- XP Search
- msonfig startup
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Startup
- Hunting through the C Drive
- Window Washer
- CCleaner http://www.ccleaner.com/
- EasyCleaner http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm
- Avast! http://www.avast.com/