General discussion

XP and the -Print Screen- key.

XP home
Is there a simple way to get a Print Screen function from the Print Screen Key---or is that asking too much?

Tnx

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: XP and the -Print Screen- key.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: XP and the -Print Screen- key.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re:XP and the -Print Screen- key.

Since about Windows 3... and maybe before, the key functions differently than from DOS. It now copies to the clipboard or hold the Alt key and you get just the active window.

Isn't yours doing this?

Be sure to write gritty details if you want something different than how its worked in Windows for the past 10+ years...

Bob

- Collapse -
--Guess my memory is fading--

You are correct---I can paste the screen into my Word program.

Prior to this XP machine, I used a DOS program called Snappy to do my screen copies in Win 95.

Tnx

- Collapse -
Re:XP and the -Print Screen- key.

On my XP PC I simply hit the Print Scrn key, then open Paint and press Ctrl + V and the screen shot will be pasted onto Paint.

Then it can be saved as a Bitmap.

CNET Forums