Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

XMetal application to check e-mails for QA on all emails

my boss recently gave me this request:

"look into XMetal application to check emails for quality assurance on all email platforms."

WHAT??!! Isn't XMetal also known as XML. Isn't XML like advanced HTML? What does it have to do with e-mails and qualifty assurance of e-mails? Can anyone help me?

-Christian Calaway (CalawayCZC@yahoo.com)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: XMetal application to check e-mails for QA on all emails
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: XMetal application to check e-mails for QA on all emails
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: XMetal application to check e-mails for QA on all emails

In reply to: XMetal application to check e-mails for QA on all emails

Either he has no idea what he's talking about or he wants an email application for the web using XMetal.
Just go to him and ask him to clarify what he wants and if he can give you a working demo or if he had something specific in mind. It must have gotten it from somewhere Happy.

Regards,
Ryan Sechrest

[email this member]
---------------------------------------------------------------------->
"Any technology significantly advanced enough
is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clark
<---------------------------------------------------------------------

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: XMetal application to check e-mails for QA on all emails

He wants an email application using Xmetal that scrubs and evalutates an e-mail's code to insure the HTML is compliant and viewable in all e-mail platforms in the market. Can you suggest anything? If not XMetal, is there anything else that can do such a thing?

Thank you,
Christian Calaway

Collapse -

"insure the HTML is compliant and viewable in all e-mail platforms in the market."

You may not want to know that at our offices, no HTML is stripped to plain text and suspicious attachments are dropped. Also a wide range range of email from a ban list are deleted with no bounce or notice. We just log it.

Secondly, if your boss may be wanting something that doesn't exist. If they are serious, a lab would have machines with all the email clients for test installed and the tests began. Programmers would be hired and the software developed.

Maybe they wanted a freebie?

Bob

Collapse -

As I said in my original e-mail he runs a company and his clients send out opt-in, permission based e-mails. He just wants software or something that can make sure the HTML is correct and viewable on all e-mail formats, whether it's stripped to text, or it's AOL or it's Yahoo or Outlook. But thanks for the info.

-Christian Calaway

Collapse -
Then use a HTML VALIDATOR.

It's over at www.w3c.org. But without you setting up some 7 versions of Netscape from 1 to 7 (all still available) you'll never really know. And that's just Netscape.

When I read such requests I take it as wishful thinking and not a serious request since few want to do the work or make an investment in time, people and equipment.

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.