PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Xi-Fi or emu 1212m for pure music and movies??

im wondering weather to get the EMU or the new Xi-Fi seris just for music and movies, no gaming. which one provide more feature, and which one have the better sound . .price is about 160 to 210

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Xi-Fi or emu 1212m for pure music and movies??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Xi-Fi or emu 1212m for pure music and movies??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Get the X-Fi.

In reply to: Xi-Fi or emu 1212m for pure music and movies??

Collapse -
Why????

In reply to: (NT) Get the X-Fi.

why do you think Xi-Fi is better than emu???

Collapse -
Because

In reply to: Why????

Creative has been in the business for a long time producing top-notch sound cards. I have heard an X-Fi card, and the sound is simply amazing. Try with some headphones and it gets better.

Collapse -
get the E-MU

Unless you need multichannel sound get the E-MU which has the edge in sound quality and has better connectors.

Collapse -
X-Fi

I am looking at the box for both, and I don't think they have updated the drivers on the Emulator X Studio drivers to do DVD movie playback. The X-Fi is designed to do this sort of thing with limited difficulty. What are you going to use for the speakers? Are you going out to a stereo or a set of speakers? I willl drop my contacts at EMU an email to make sure the drivers have not been updated. Even if they have, I would still lean to the X-Fi unless you need to do studio recording quality.

Collapse -
im using a 2.1 speakers and a stero system

In reply to: X-Fi

im think about geting the x-fi, but i not sure extrememusic or the platium edition. one is price at 109 and the other is about 160. im not sure the bundle witht he remote is worth 50 dollars.

Collapse -
Advatage Of The Extra

In reply to: im using a 2.1 speakers and a stero system

The extra drive bay is handy if you need the extra connectors. It is nice having a real 1/4" headphone jack for night time - no standing on your head. If you don't see the value now, you can usually order the extra piece from customer service down the road at a slight premium. What ever you do - DO NOT TRY TO USE THE DRIVE BAY FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION. You will probably blow out your card - if you are lucky.

Collapse -
Studio recording quality

In reply to: X-Fi

Hello,

What do you recommend to do studio recording quality?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) i would go with e-mu.

In reply to: Studio recording quality

Collapse -
Studio Recording - Go With EMU Cards

In reply to: Studio recording quality

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.