Question

XFX R7800 Series issue

I've replaced my graphics card (nVidia GT 740) with a new one (XFX R7800 Series Ghost Thermal Technology)
and I can't install the drivers for it.
I ran DDU, replaced the GPU, plugged in the 6 bit connector, but I can't install the drivers for it.
I downloaded the AMD Radeon HD 7800 drivers (I think these are the correct ones?), but when I try to install, it says that no supported AMD hardware is found.
When I check dxdiag or GPU-Z, it doesn't show the gpu I put in, but rather some Intel stuff. (I have an Intel Pentium G3258 processor.)
Can I have done something wrong, and is there anything I can do to fix it?
https://gyazo.com/bb81b35c8803d42ec470248bf65752a7

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: XFX R7800 Series issue
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: XFX R7800 Series issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Vertical lines on monitors

Im using the XFX R7800 series (ghost). After I game for about 30 minutes, both of my monitor screens turn into colored vertical lines. But its not consistent, sometimes it'll do that after about 3 matches of league of legends. Ive done research and I cant find a solid answer. Ive tried to see if its a RAM problem, or memory issue, but I dont think it is. Im guessing it could be my VGA cables? I cant pin point it. I dont think its a temperature issue either. Where should both of my VGA cables be plugged in? They're plugged in directly from the graphics card, to the monitors. Other than that, everything else runes fine.

- Collapse -
Answer
When I see that

The usual things I find are:
1. The motherboard BIOS is out of date.
2. The motherboard drivers are out of date.

Check and correct those first.

There are a few boards the don't like AMD or Nvidia cards. Fix? Use the other make.

CNET Forums