General discussion

Xerox printer 6130 compatability with Windows 7

I just installed a new Dell computer with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office. While the printer is properly installed and attached to the computer, the computer insists there is an installation issue. Can anyone help please?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Xerox printer 6130 compatability with Windows 7
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Xerox printer 6130 compatability with Windows 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What issue?
- Collapse -
Xerox printer 6130 compatability with Windows 7

As you know me guys, I am not a computer whiz. So I followed most of your suggestions. Uninstalling and re-installing the printer?s CD. Make sure it is the default printer. As per your suggestion Mark, I downloaded the page that you suggested from Xerox support. Tryed with success a Printer Test Page. And then went on trying to print a document from Words?no way. So I brought my HP lap top that I bought not too long ago. It has a Windows 7 in it. I had never used my HP with the Xerox printer. Tried all of the above, same negative results. I am suspecting that Windows 7 is incompatible with the printer. Could it be or am I really still doing something wrong?

- Collapse -
That page Mark linked to ...

standard shows an XP driver. But you can select other OS'es like Windows 7 or Windows 7 64 bit and download those drivers. Are you sure you selected and installed the right driver?

With the right driver, it should work. It's unclear why it doesn't.

Kees

CNET Forums

Forum Info