Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

WT Problem

Hey all,

I have an HP Computer and have installed your new web driver. Since then, I have lost the ability to play my preinstalled gamechannel games like Polar Bowler among others. One of you Tech Support answers suggested rebooting my system. I have tried to do this, but it doesn't do any good because of installing the newer drive over the preinstalled one. Any other suggestions?

Please write back

Sincerely,
Ethan

I uninstalled the WildTangent web driver and the other WildTangent driver I had on my Hp System. Then, I rebooted my system. The preinstalled driver didn't reinstall because the preinstalled gamechannel games can't find the onplay.exe file even, though it exists. Any Ideas? Is it possible that the gamechannel games just expired after a certain period of time, even though I didn't use up all the trials on the games?

Please write back

Sincerely,
Ethan

I got the preinstalled WT driver installed, but I still can't access the preinstalled gamechannel games because the preinstalled gamechannel games can't find the onplay.exe file, even though it exists. Any Ideas? Is it possible that the gamechannel games just expired after a certain period of time, even though I didn't use up all the trials on the games?

Please write back

Sincerely,
Ethan

My System Specs:

HP a450n
512 ram
128 graphics card
3.0 ghtz

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WT Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WT Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: WT Problem

In reply to: WT Problem

Ethan,

Which operating system are you using? XP? SP1 or SP2?

You said: "I have an HP Computer and have installed your new web driver."

This forum didn't provide you with a new web driver. Where did you get it from and what is it for? Assuming that it's for the Wild Tangent game program, have you tried contacting THEIR tech support people? Is that the "Tech Support Answers" you mention when the "rebooting the system" was suggested? Or did you find the recommendation here?

First, realize that Wild Tangent has some spyware that tags along with the game program format. It collects information about your usage patterns and relays that "home". If you still like the program and want to continue with Wild Tangent, you might try their tech support at the link below:

http://support.wildgames.com/

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: WT Problem

Dear Grif,

Thanks for responding. I'm working with their support. I just wanted to see if anyone here had this problem before. Happy

Thanks again

Cnon

Collapse -

Grif,

H/P installs Wild Tangent Games on their systems. Uninstalling this application causes all kinds of weird things to happen. On one system on-line Help and Support stopped working, on another it was the Bdl H/P printer. I just stoped uninstalling it as I never knew what would stop working.

The on-line games that are trying to be accessed are installed by H/P and ran by Wild Tangent Games. Uninstalling Wild Tangent Games, H/Ps' installed on-line games will not work.

May be incorrect, but we are dealing with H/P

Bill

Collapse -
Bill, I Had Wild Tangent On My Compaq Too

Maybe you're right about HP being the part of the problem....I bought the Compaq about 9 months ago, and it took me two weeks to clean out the junk that Compaq installs, including Wild Tangent. Although pre-installed, you still needed to "register" the games for them to work and be fully installed. Since I didn't want to use the games, I ran Spybot, Ad-Aware, etc., and then uninstalled. No problems for me, but I also had to uninstall each separate game from the Add/Remove Programs.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
My HP hates WT too

In reply to: Bill, I Had Wild Tangent On My Compaq Too

When I bought my HP, the Wild Tangent Games worked... at least they did until my updates were complete. I believe it has to do with SP1 on Vista. Now I want to play FATE, which I bought in the store, but the game simply stops when I click on play.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

William

Collapse -
Different Issue.. This Thread Is 4 1/2 Years Old..

In reply to: My HP hates WT too

And the computers didn't have Vista at that time.. You might want to start a new thread outlining your specific program and computer specifications.

As to Vista, try disabling "User Account Control".... or RIGHT clicking on the Game's executable, choose "Run as administrator"... Or... if the game didn't come with FATE, maybe it's not compatible with Vista..

Hope this helps.

Grif

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!