Windows Legacy OS forum

Question

Wrong Model Number App, No Way to Remove!

by lesliebuc / October 20, 2012 3:01 AM PDT

Is this an unusual occurence? I was using HP PSC 1310 Series Disk, or maybe their "Full" download for my 1315xi, and somehow got 1350, not in Add/Remove, Windows Installer not working right, possibly due to HP Camera/Scanner C-20, also not in Add/Remove, which I'd also like to remove.

Was this Windows or MS Installer's error, or the other way around? My 1310 and 1315xi printers' copier/scanner don't seem to work. Prints okay. TIA.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wrong Model Number App, No Way to Remove!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wrong Model Number App, No Way to Remove!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Did you try HP's printer driver cleanup tool? Link follows
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 20, 2012 3:06 AM PDT
Collapse -
Wow! Thanks.
by lesliebuc / October 20, 2012 9:38 PM PDT

Some questions first. The word Officejet doesn't make any difference? My devices are Inkjet.

If it's okay to use this utility with injet All-in-Ones, which I'm sure it is, but will wait for your assurance, I'll need to do all four stages, to get rid of all HP Photo and Imaging installations. It says after EACH stage, reinstall?

I can't always see terms/options like Add Printer or Add New Hardware, so is there a surefire way to find that? I think I'll wait to do this until last thing tonight or maybe even Monday morning just in case I should need to call the repair shop. I need to print out some online classical music for a friend at church, saw her last night but I'll probably go again today at 11:00. May need to look up and print some "cadenza's" for her, special parts where just the soloist plays, not the pianist/organist. Have to make a new copy for myself too and go enlarge it at Ofc Max, where they hopefully did something about toner. One customer was yelling, and I left my 9-pg flute soloist copy in the scanner. Gotta look it up and print out again. Thanks you so much for knowing about this cleanup tool for (absolutely all?) HP printer software!!!!!

Per the small print below here in red, I'm using XP Home, SP3, have two All-in-Ones, a 1310 with a broken pin in the USB port which is right by the power port, and (currently) a 1315xi, which is one of the 1310 series, Yesterday afternoon I looked at a $50 All in One WIRELESS, though I really don't want to change, but, another question, a wireless isn't USB powered? We may have .a "wireless router" in the basement, a Comcast guy once mentioned to me but it was "over my head" although in bsmt. Would I ever need to know anything about that? Hope to hear from you again today. You are really an expert. Thanks again.

Collapse -
Just Noticed, While Looking Up Somethng Else in My Documents
by lesliebuc / October 21, 2012 12:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Wow! Thanks.

The wrong software that was installed is Officejet, not Inkjet, so I'm all set to use the Removal Tool that you provided, right?

Collapse -
Solved??? Used "Select All" and "Delete",
by lesliebuc / October 25, 2012 1:31 AM PDT

Everything including the four Steps disappeared. Then Tried a Search in Start Menu, found no HP OfficeJet 1350.All in One. I'm assuming problem's Solved. Thanks again for the Scrubber link.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.