Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Wow ! .....and from James Carville, no less

"'There's a significant part of the Democratic Party that doesn't want to reform anything. We call them the 'Remainderists.' OK?'" political strategist and apologist for the Democratic Party James Carville said to Paul Rodriguez of NewsMax.com.

Carville holds that the Dems "'have a disease.'" It has to be cured. However, how to bring on the healing is another question.

If Dems hope to live in the White House and rule from the US Congress, they had better come into super good health, Carville contends.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/swank011806.htm

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wow ! .....and from James Carville, no less
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wow ! .....and from James Carville, no less
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
If some members here in SE

In reply to: Wow ! .....and from James Carville, no less

believe the 'in house' arguments of Dems vs Reps is bad in SE, can you imagine what Carvell's home life is like? He and his wife are on totally opposite poles....he's a staunch Dem and she's equally dug in on the Rep side of the fence. Somehow they make it work.....every day. LOL

I really like Carvell....he's about the most intelligent, rational, and knowledgeable person I've heard over the years when it comes to politics.

TONI

Collapse -
Oh wow, Toni........

In reply to: If some members here in SE

...your post is all warm and fuzzy. Now if only I could ''write''.

A reasonably intelligent young couple, Mary and James, just starting out in life, have settled into a routine of relaxing each evening on the swing on the front porch. They both have recognized that when the wind blows in one direction, there is always an amount of trash blowing ''up'' the street. At other times when the wind blows from the other directon, there is also an abundance of trash blowing ''down'' the street. From time the wind will swirl, and trash gets blown from the street onto yards and driveways.

Almost simultanously they recognized a strong similarity between the wind/trash activity, and political activity. They also recognized the existing niche within that political activity that never becomes over-populated.

H'mmm, an abundant free supply of raw material; only imagination necessary to develop and produce the end product; a good paying job with absolute job security.

Mary to take one role, and James the other. Develop a different but unique presentation for each role. Work together in develokping the scripts to be used day to day.

BINGO !

Now, as the opportunity presents itself for them to relax on the swing, they laugh themselves silly at the obvious, but simple blueprint nature provided. They also smile at the public ''mystic'' that surrounds them as a couple, as the public watches them ''work'' day after day.

The Mary and James "mousetrap".

Collapse -
Carville has to be putting on an act

In reply to: If some members here in SE

I don't know how many times I've seen the two with Tim Russert where he tells a flat out lie as Mary rolls her eyes. I don't think it would be possible to be married to someone like that unless I was "in on" the act.

Collapse -
I think "spokesman" or "Democratic authority" or even

"contentious Democrat" a better identification than "apologist". He's just saying what he thinks needs to be done. I agree with him. Business as usual at the Democratic Party is the quick route to oblivion. I'd rather that not happen and not just because I identify as a Democrat. I think a healthy opposition improves either party. I will refrain from mentioning the difficulties the Republicans have been having lately, but if a healthier Democratic party were breathing down their necks I think Republicans might have been less careless.

Rob

Collapse -
A healthier Democratic Party would indeed be a good thing...

In reply to: I think "spokesman" or "Democratic authority" or even

but I think the party is so overburdened by the nuts that they may well be doomed. Now that moveon.org "owns" them how can they reform themselves?

Carville and his crowd played a big part in the deterioration of course.

Collapse -
I've heard Rush Limbaugh on occasion recently discussing

this. He says that some of the Democrats 'get it', and are pulling back from the hate mongers, the Bush bashers, and the anti-war crowd. He thinks they agree with all those positions, but know they can't get elected if they hold those positions. Let's hope the party faithful don't wake up to the obvious.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.