Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Wow

by Rolway / April 25, 2004 6:10 AM PDT

Red Sox sweep the Yankees.
My Condolences Josh...;)

George

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wow
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wow
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It is very early in the season. And no matter what happens...
by Dan McC / April 25, 2004 11:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Wow

...they're still the Red Sox.

My condolences.

Grin

Dan

Collapse -
It just hasn't been a good sports year for Josh.
by James Denison / April 26, 2004 3:11 AM PDT

World Series, and so forth. Didn't the Yankees steal a player from the team that beat them in the Series? That may be one way to win, but must not be working out yet.

Collapse -
What player do you mean? -NT
by Dan McC / April 26, 2004 3:17 AM PDT

Collapse -
Re:It just hasn't been a good sports year for Josh.
by James Denison / April 26, 2004 4:03 AM PDT

Don't know or would have said. I remember in the World Series them talking about one of the Marlin players that that would be a free agent the next year and the Yankees wanting him, or may have gotten that tangled up with Pedro Martinez of Boston Red Sox who was a free agent and talk of Yankees taking him.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Hi James
by Rolway / April 26, 2004 4:20 AM PDT

I think you maybe referring to A-Rod. Don't remember where he came from, but the Yankees grabbed him. So far he has been helping the Red Sox. Happy

George

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Hi James
by Dan McC / April 26, 2004 4:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:Re:Hi James

He came from Texas. The Red Sox wanted him but were too cheap about it.

Dan

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Re:Right you are Dan, Thanks
by Rolway / April 26, 2004 5:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:Re:Re:Hi James

My mind goes blankity, blank, blink, when I hear that name.

George

Collapse -
Now that's really funny...
by James Denison / April 26, 2004 5:08 AM PDT

...since you're the one that mentioned him, LOL!

(hypnotist to subject; "...now every time you hear or say this word, your mind will go blank...")

Collapse -
Bottom line is....
by Josh K / April 29, 2004 2:21 AM PDT

...both teams had the money but the Red Sox weren't willing to spend it and the Yankees were. So if it comes back to bite the Sox, it's nobody's fault but theirs.

I do kinda wish the Yanks had gone after Schilling though.

Collapse -
Re:Wow
by Josh K / April 29, 2004 2:18 AM PDT

Sorry for the delayed reply, G. I've been under the weather for a few days; there's a bad bug going around.

The one thing nobody would have expected the Yankees to be deficient in this year is hitting. It looks like they might be starting to come out of it though, except poor Derek, who's going to break the Steinbrenner-era record for hitless at-bats if he doesn't get a hit in his first AB tonight.

Don't forget, in '78 the Red Sox had something like a 15 game lead over the Yankees in July and they managed to blow it, with the season ending in a tie for first that necessitated the "Bucky Dent Game." I'm not panicking yet, though I'll acknowledge that they've got some retooling to do, especially in the starting rotation. I sure wish the Red Sox had won the bidding war for Contreras!

Collapse -
Re:Re:Wow
by Rolway / April 29, 2004 2:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:Wow

Sorry to hear that Josh. About being under the weather I mean. Hope you feel better today. Lot of pollen flying around up here.

Double header on today with the D-Rays. I guess I won't get any work done today.

I'm surprised myself how bad the Yankees have been playing, as well as how good the Sox are doing Happy

Take care and get better.

George

Collapse -
Re: Wow -- Hope you're feeling better, Josh.
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / April 29, 2004 2:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:Wow

K is finally feeling better after a bout of mycoplasmic pneumonia. Actually a less severe and dangerous form than bacterial (she didn't have to stay home from work), but still plenty nasty. A key symptom -- if you taste peroxide after coughing up "gunk," you've probably got mycoplasma.

-- Dave K.
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Thanks, both of you.
by Josh K / April 29, 2004 2:57 AM PDT

I'm recovering. Mosty just trying to get my strength (and weight) back up. I lost 10 pounds in 3 days!

I'm glad K is doing all right as well. Sounds scary.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!