Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Would you buy a player with no brand?

I know the best audio player is ipod,and i want to buy one player,but i have no money to buy an ipod,so i have a question,can i buy an no brand player?And could you give me an advice,which one i can buy?I want to buy a 16gb mp4 player,it had better no more than $100.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Would you buy a player with no brand?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Would you buy a player with no brand?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Well

In reply to: Would you buy a player with no brand?

Depends what you consider best. iPod is more universal but it doesn't make it the best. There is Creative and Sony, and other big name brands out there that one might consider the 'best' because of their syncing softwares and the rights management on the songs (such as ipods not allowing people to transfer their songs to other iTunes).

Buying a no name brand... That can be a smart move but usually people buy named brands because the company has a reputation to keep so they will make (in my opinion) "better" products.

If I were you I would buy this: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10093621&catid=22815

I would spend a little more money for a named brand. Yes, it has less memory than you requested but it is a safer road to follow.

p.s. since that mp3 player does not support mp4 (from the specifications tab), you might as well use mpg.

Just a suggestions,
Frank.

Collapse -
Too right !

In reply to: Well

Don't get me started on iPod. Okay, briefly, it's a good player but obligatory iTunes synching software has me shouting at it. This isn't just me -- it's everyone I know who owns an iPod.

Unbranded -- I have 4 or 5 of them bought for a few bucks out of curiosity. Most work but have vile interfaces and controls.

I also have a Philips which is clearly based on the same technology as some of the unbranded models but it is easier to use and the Philips website is quite useful. That's the difference that spending more gets you.

Within your budget, look at Sandisk. Stretch your budget a bit and have a look at Sony.

Collapse -
iTunes isn't ALL bad...

In reply to: Too right !

...just mostly bad. Not so long ago it used to be a pretty decent app; then Apple had to make so bloated and ruin the stupid thing.

Collapse -
AMP3 seems a option

I was happen to read wibe introduction a hi fi mp3 player called AMP3, it is seems worth for your option for your non-brand player requirement for they clain the player is the firs Hi fi MP3 player in the audio history.

fuzhengyun

Collapse -
Umm...

By what standard do you consider the Ipod the best? Sony's, Creative Zen's, and Microsoft Zune's are all leaps and bounds ahead in sound quality. Sansa's offer better bang for your buck. Cowen's are better for video. And none of those force you to use Itunes!

As for the no-name MP3, i would buy it only as a stand over between "good" mp3 players, say if i broke mine and didn't have much cash.

Collapse -
p.s

by the way that 100 dollars will get you a nice Sandisk Sansa, forget the no-brand.

Collapse -
mp3 players

I have bought a couple off brand and they work fine. I use windows to copy then paste my music to the mp3 player. It was easy for me because once I got tired of what I was listening to I would delete the old and put a new play list on it.
John

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.