Desktops forum

General discussion

Would this computer get awesome fps????

by spottie07421 / September 18, 2004 11:11 AM PDT

the computer im getting has an athlon 64 3000, a gig of giel value ram, 6800 gt, 450 watt psu, dvd burner, xp home, and a 160 gig 7200 rpm hard drive. Please reply!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Would this computer get awesome fps????
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Would this computer get awesome fps????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Not yet. You need an awesome video card.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 18, 2004 11:20 AM PDT
Collapse -
6800GT is the card Bob, he just abbreviated.
by Merl Priester / September 27, 2004 10:58 AM PDT

Yes it should do fine. With all the hardware why not go slightly faster on the CPU, its not that much more to go to a 3200+ and you won't upgrade later

Collapse -
Re: Would this computer get awesome fps????
by reipph / September 28, 2004 3:43 AM PDT

Oh my, your system is awesome indeed, power and speed.
Had you considered?
1. A good sound card plus a good choice of external speakers or blasters?
2. Flash card support?
3. Web camera? Printer? Scanner? Gamepad?
4. Good microphone?
No intention, just providing you additioanal upgrade or I mean additional feature possibilities, there are still lots and lots of plug and play plus non plug and play devices. Yet, I suggest that you add a CDROM, minimum 52x speed.

Collapse -
by spottie07421 / October 7, 2004 10:55 AM PDT

thx u guys....however i decided to get athlon 64 3200...evga 6800 ultra...and a combo drive..of course a 500 watt psu...if u want u can reply to this 1 instead of the other 1

Collapse -
by shOrty-s2oOo / October 7, 2004 6:17 PM PDT

hmm...i'm running an athlon xp 2000, 1024MB DDR, 80GB(Windows), 120GB(Data), geforce Ti4200 128MB AGP, geforce mx420, 550W PS, 4 burners, XP SP2, scanner, printer, logitech 500W 5.1 speakers, 19", and wireless mouse for gaming.....

im getting 100fps in CS...what fps is the highest? unless you tweak your game settings...?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.