Resolved Question

Would like to learn to build frames in my template

for Dreamweaver CS5 site. I have Photoshop CS5 and Fireworks CS5 as well. I hope this explains it and I am going to try a screenshot here. I want borders for my pictures and the boxes would need to be expandeable for different sizes of photos?? Can someone help me and basically lead me to a "good" tutorial or just explain how to. I have Paint Net, Photoscape and Photoshop, all latest versions.

thanks, Denise

<a href="http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/nwcountry/frames.png"><span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> </a>

Operating System
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 (build 6002)
Install Language: English (United States)System
Locale: English (United States)

Processor a2.00 gigahertz
Intel Core2 Duo64 kilobyte
primary memory cache2048 kilobyte
secondary memory cache64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)Not hyper-threaded

Dell Inc. Studio 1535
System Service Tag: DVRTFG1
(support for this PC)Chassis
Serial Number: DVRTFG1Enclosure Type: Portable

Discussion is locked
oregoncountry has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Would like to learn to build frames in my template
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Would like to learn to build frames in my template
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Frames, borders, expandable
Would like to learn to build frames in my template for Dreamweaver CS5 site.

In development terms, a frame is a "window" on a website in which you can see contents from another URL and navigating within a frame usually does not affect anything outside of it. As great as that may sound, most of the time you'd want to avoid them. Just google "frames on websites" and you'll see some of the points people are making e.g. not search engine friendly, bookmarking problems, etc.

Here's Adobe's guide on how to create/use frames in CS5:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/dreamweaver/cs/using/WScbb6b82af5544594822510a94ae8d65-7d48a.html

I want borders for my pictures and the boxes would need to be expandeable for different sizes of photos?

Borders around pictures can easily be achieved via CSS. Something like this:

img { border: 1px solid #000; }

Will add a black border around pictures.

If you use CSS the borders/box will automatically expand depending on the size of the photo.

~Sovereign
- Collapse -
Thank you much

I was hoping to find a way to make something fancier than just a black border for your content but my guess is you have to do it in photoshop for example and import it into your borders. IN DW CS5 though, it only allow for colors(from pallette). I study your links, thank you againHappy You can close this threadHappy denise

- Collapse -
Also, I see I need to use an image and use html to insert

it into the code. That I get, I think, LOLWink It's link has to be in code.

- Collapse -
Depending on the type

of visitors to your site and what browsers they use, you may also want to explore CSS3 border effects and also CSS3 box-shadow.

~Sovereign

- Collapse -
ty much

I am using a template, all put together but I can edit to some of my likings. It is best as I haven't much time to learn and work with Dreamweaver.

I will check out CS3 for it's border info, and shadowing effectsWink ty again, Denise

- Collapse -
Answer
I received a notification someone added to this thread

but I see nothing??

- Collapse -
It was probably

a spam post that was then deleted by one of moderators.

~Sovereign

CNET Forums