Dell forum

General discussion

Worst experience from Dell

by DPSSS / July 2, 2010 9:25 PM PDT

I bought an Insprion One 19 from Dell Hong Kong website. The advertisement shows that Insprion One 19 is a touch screen computer. However, I received an NON touch screen Insprion One 19 today.

I immediately reported my case to Dell customer service centre. They replied rudely saying

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Worst experience from Dell
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Worst experience from Dell
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
hmmm
by technut81 / July 3, 2010 8:45 AM PDT

if you purchased your computer direct from Dell and they shipped you the wrong one then they MIGHT exchange it. If you purchased it from a third party vendor then you might be out of luck.

I say might because a company has the right to make substitutions on items of equal or greater value. There is also the possibility that the website was a typo which also the company is not liable for.

I deal with Dell customer service reps on a daily basis and find them to be courteous. Like everything you have your good eggs and bad ones. If it perturbed you that much then call back and speak to a supervisor. If the only issue with the computer is lack of touch screen but everything else is up to par then I say live with it.

Collapse -
One 19 Touchscreen
by kedscnet / July 5, 2010 10:32 AM PDT

The One 19 comes BOTH with and without a touchscreen. If your paperwork indicates you paid for a touchscreen, then the seller should replace the unit. If you actually ordered a non-touchscreen, then you are probably out of luck based on the sites return policy. If you did order a touchscreen, you should have recourse, depending on the honesty of the site. Lot's of sites are NOT honest.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.