HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows 7 forum

Question

Works Suite 2002 Calendar

by parrpj / September 24, 2014 7:53 AM PDT

I had the Works Suite 2002 installed on my old computer, which was Windows XP. I installed the program in my Windows 7 computer. But I can't figure out how to move all the info I had on my old calendar into the new calendar. I just ended up with a new calendar, without any of my old info. Can anyone help?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Works Suite 2002 Calendar
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Works Suite 2002 Calendar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Did you backup your Calendar?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 24, 2014 8:04 AM PDT
Collapse -
Did you backup your calendar?
by parrpj / September 25, 2014 9:04 AM PDT

Yes, I saved my info to a thumb drive: mswkscal.wcd. I'm just not sure what to do next.

Collapse -
I see mention of that file by Microsoft.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 25, 2014 9:11 AM PDT

It should be in the Restore section of that article.

Yes, too techy.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: saved info
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 26, 2014 8:23 PM PDT

If you're sure your info is in that file, a (much smaller) file with the same name shoud be on your new PC, containing the new data (the one item you entered into the calendar on your new PC). Then copy the old file file from that thumb drive over the new file with that one item, and all should be there. Make a copy before overwriting that file, so you can go back to the old situation if something goes wrong.

Making a backup without knowing how to restore is only half of the job.

Kees

Collapse -
Reply to Kees_B
by parrpj / September 27, 2014 9:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: saved info

Can you give me specific steps to follow to do what you told me, please?

Collapse -
Answer
Moving info
by parrpj / September 27, 2014 1:07 PM PDT

I found someone to help me with this and I can't believe how simple it was! Open the calendar, click File, click Export, click on iCalendar, and save the info to a flash drive-----that's it!
Thanks everyone for trying to help me!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.