HolidayBuyer's Guide

Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Works and copy,paste problem

by Mike_Hanks / February 16, 2008 6:43 AM PST

Hello!
I have a HP3220n with Vista. When I try to copy and paste anything into a works document, I get an error that says it is too large to paste. But, I am able to paste it into a notepad document. Any ideas to help?

Thanks !!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Works and copy,paste problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Works and copy,paste problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Are you sure...
by Papa Echo / February 16, 2008 10:35 PM PST

...the message says "...too large to paste..." instead of "...not enough memory..." ?

Collapse -
What version of Works?
by Kees Bakker / February 16, 2008 10:39 PM PST

And, like Papa Echo asks, what is the full and exact and litteral text of the error message?
What module of Works: word processor, spreadsheet, database?

Kees

Collapse -
Finally got a break at work !!!!!
by Mike_Hanks / April 5, 2008 7:19 AM PDT
In reply to: What version of Works?

Works 8

Works Word Processor.

"The information you copied exceeds the size limit for pasting into the Word Processor. Try reducing the size of your selection, and then copy and paste again"

I can copy and paste text from other Word documents, just not able to paste from any thing copied from a web page.

Collapse -
Re: MS Works error
by Kees Bakker / April 5, 2008 7:26 AM PDT

See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268762 applies.

There's an obvious work-around. First copy from browser to Notepad, then from Notepad to Works. That works for text and gives plain text without formatting, so you have to redo that in Works. If that works, you can try another intermediate program like Wordpad. That has more formatting options, so chances are formatting is preserved better.

Hope this helps.

Kees

Collapse -
&&%$#@*& "work around"
by Mike_Hanks / April 5, 2008 8:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: MS Works error

How about making a product that WORKS??!!??!!
I will try the Paste Special tip

Collapse -
Not perfect, but it "works"
by Mike_Hanks / April 5, 2008 8:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: MS Works error

Thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.