Question

Wordpress Themes, Free vs. Premium

Hello everybody,

I am very new to building sites through wordpress + the whole SEO world. I wanted to ask for some of your opinions on what themes you think are google friendly and what some of you use.

Also, besides the added support and customization, does a premium theme out weigh a free theme?

Thanks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Wordpress Themes, Free vs. Premium
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Wordpress Themes, Free vs. Premium
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Wordpress Themes

I sugest you use pay themes because the support and today is very ease find good themes focusing on SEO that is cheap.

- Collapse -
Free vs Premium theme or individual solution
- Collapse -
Answer
You can get both

good and bad themes that are either free or paid, so it really depends on where you get it and who developed it.

That said, there is no cost to you trying a free theme. Download it, apply it, and setup Google's Webmaster tools to get an idea of how it's doing. Here is a great SEO guide form Google: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/40349?hl=en

Also, the theme is only one aspect, you also need to consider server performance and your content.

~Sovereign

- Collapse -
Answer
Free VS. Premium

Hello redbrooklyn, Though there are many free WordPress themes available on the net, I have had not a good experience with the one. There were small issues that escalated gradually and thankfully i took a wise decision. I started searching for a premium WordPress theme and was intimidated by the prices, and loaded with some extra features that I certainly did not want. I would tell you a golden rule here. Rely on the users who have first hand experience of the theme. In my case I asked for advice from the people from similar industry and similar level. And I got to know about this excellent provider: ThemeChilly that was loaded with seo optimized features, responsive layour to get extra marks in Google analytic and also the plugins to help out. The best thing was budget the prices were much lower than $50, some even going to half of it. So though I won't say that it is the first and last company to go for, I would certainly say that in my case the company just worked fantastic! Of course, for details you can check their website to make sure whether or not they fit YOUR specific requirements.

CNET Forums

Forum Info