Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

word perfect not working right

by zwoman / August 21, 2007 7:07 AM PDT

i have a dell laptop with XP. i have word perfect and every time i try to print off shipping labels, i can't get it to work-error msg is a problem with communicating with printer, however, i can print off anything ese from word perfect. is this a microsoft problem or is it with my computer?
thanks
zwoman

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: word perfect not working right
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: word perfect not working right
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It could be a ...
by jackintucson / August 21, 2007 7:19 AM PDT

problem with your:

Computer
XP
Printer
Word Perfect

If WP prints everything else then your printer is OK, XP is OK and your computer is OK. Label printing can be tricky.. depending on how you set it up. Make sure you set it up correctly. Could be your printer is not compatible with WP where labels are concerned. Not know what you have limits me to this answer.

Make sure you have the latest updates for XP, the printer and WP

and life goes on...

Jack

Collapse -
printer vs word perfect
by zwoman / August 23, 2007 10:04 AM PDT
In reply to: It could be a ...

my printer is a Lexmark x4270 printer, copier, scanner and fax combo. i can print some types of shipping labels but not the ones i want (10 per pg.). had someone who is an IST **** with the program and he thought it was with wp vs my printer (no further error msg about communication) but it would only print on 1 label out of 10.
zwoman

Collapse -
zwoman
by tomron / August 21, 2007 7:25 AM PDT

Which printer?

Could be a driver issue.

Tom

Collapse -
I used to have a similar problem
by PudgyOne / August 21, 2007 8:25 AM PDT

If you're using a wireless router,

update the firmware

I use WPA Personal security

also I updated the firmware in my print server

and I also updated the firmware for my printer.

Rick

Collapse -
Fixed by updating wordperfect to service patch 3 ....
by skytechnetcorp / August 31, 2007 5:00 AM PDT

Go to the wordperfect site and update your service patch to the lastest ...that will fix the printer issue ...IE 7 or 2007 would cause this issue ..

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!