HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Help forum

General discussion

Word Perfect 11

by rjo72223 / August 15, 2007 8:18 AM PDT

Cannot open my documents in Corel WP 11. Keeps asking me for a wpnwin11.dll which I have downloaded but do not know where to install to get up and running again. Any help? Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Word Perfect 11
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Word Perfect 11
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
rjo72223
by tomron / August 15, 2007 8:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Word Perfect 11
Collapse -
Re: Word Perfect 11
by Carol~ Forum moderator / August 15, 2007 3:23 PM PDT

rjo..

Are you sure it's the "wpnwin11.dll"? I believe the .dll you might be referring to is "wpwin11.dll", without the "n" between the "p" and "w". I would check the spelling again to make sure it's correct. If it's the one above, it belongs in the following location and folder:

C:\Program Files\Word Perfect 11\Program

Best of luck..
Carol

Collapse -
Word Perfect 11
by rjo72223 / August 15, 2007 8:55 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Word Perfect 11

Thanks for your reply... it appears that the wpwn11.dll is in the program files. It also appears that I have a Word Perfect 11 and a Word Perfect 11 (2) in my Program files and the WP11 still does not load and says preparing to install and then defaults to a "patch" and closes. Stil need help?

Collapse -
Re: WP 11
by Carol~ Forum moderator / August 16, 2007 11:23 AM PDT

rjo..

You're welcome. I wish I could be of further help, but I don't know if can. Ordinarily, I might suggest a reinstall, if you have the origianl CD. There's alot involved, and I don't even know if it's warranted in your case. I would suggest posting at Word Perfect's forum before attempting anything further, unless someone else here has an answer for you. There's a great deal of information there, even you decide not to post. There may be WP user's, with the exact same issue as you, and I suspect there are. If you do decide to post, make sure you give them more information then you've provided here. This would include information about your operating system, and all/any error messages you might be receiving. Also more detailed information about the "patch" you're referring to. "WP11 (2)" might be a service pack. It's difficult to tell with little information you've provided. If you're able to open it all, go to Help>About and give them whichever version you see. I think they'd be better equipped to help.

http://www.wpuniverse.com/

http://www.wpuniverse.com/vb/index.php?s=6e44590c31049ee6cd61fe0badf6d104

Corel's Knowledge Base might also help.

Best of luck..
Carol

Collapse -
Additional information..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / August 16, 2007 11:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: WP 11
Collapse -
WordPerfect 11
by rjo72223 / August 16, 2007 11:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: WP 11

Thanks for the links... I was able to install my old Microsoft Word 2002 and convert my WP11 files to Word so I am not "so diabled" right now...

Collapse -
(NT) Great New! Glad to hear :)
by Carol~ Forum moderator / August 16, 2007 11:44 AM PDT
In reply to: WordPerfect 11
Collapse -
Word Perfect 11
by rjo72223 / August 17, 2007 10:24 PM PDT

...my WP 11 docs convert to Word 2002 but are "jumbled" and have to be corrected separately. If you know anything further, please advise asap because it will take alot more work than installing a .dll... thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.