General discussion

Word, capitalize first letter in results of a search macro

I know there is an easy way to do this, but I simply cannot find it!

I use Word 2007 on a Windows XP system.

I type for a living. I type a lot.

I've created documents for each account of mine that have many of the headers that I'll need. After the headers, I have a

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Word, capitalize first letter in results of a search macro
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Word, capitalize first letter in results of a search macro
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: capital

To change abcd to Abcd (assuming that is what you want to do) set the cursor somewhere in the word and press shift-f3. In macro-code that is: Selection.Range.Case = wdNextCase

Or is it something else you want

Kees

- Collapse -
Almost there...

I do know how to use Shift F3 to make a word become capitalized. But I'm trying to cut down on keystrokes when typing.

What I'm trying to implement is capitalizing the first word on the fly after using my jump macro.

So again, my macro jumps to the first

- Collapse -
You can't have a macro to change ...

something that you still have to type.

All you can do is have 26 macro's (the first one replaces the paragraph symbol with an A, the second with a B, and so on until the 26th changes it in a Z. But I think you wouldn't like that either.

Another alternative you wouldn't like is to change the : after procedure in a . (full stop) and tell word to start each sentence with a capital. Then when you're ready run a macro to change all procedure. in procedure: again.

Kees

- Collapse -
Dang

Well, thanks anyway!

CNET Forums

Forum Info