General discussion

Word 07, Save each page in a document as a seperate document

Hello,
I used mail merger to create 25 letters to different locations and different people. The source used for the names and address's were from an excel file. I used "Edit Individual Documents" in order to get all the letters in one document. Now the problem is i need a backup of each letter on my computer and i have no clue if its even possible to save each page in the master document as a unique document. If not, is there a way of saving each unique document of a mail merger?
Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Word 07, Save each page in a document as a seperate document
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Word 07, Save each page in a document as a seperate document
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Copy/paste each page into a new document ...

and save that. For 25 pages that's 10 to 15 minutes work. Writing and testing a macro takes more time.

Kees

- Collapse -
Also ...

Why do this. Backup the Excel file and the master document, and you'll always be able to recreate any page you want. That's the idea of a backup, isn't it?
Saving the merged 25-pages file is a backup also. It's always possible to print one page.

Why the requirement of having this in 25 separate documents?

Kees

- Collapse -
The "why"...

My reason would be to have the individual letter for each destination in the destionation's own folder(which would contain other documents belonging to that destination). I would also save the composite Excel file at a separate location.

CNET Forums