Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Woo Hoo... I win ! I voted today !

Want to be a winner too ? Get your butt out there and vote. It doesn't matter who you vote for... what matters is that you get out there and participate.

Wink

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Woo Hoo... I win ! I voted today !
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Woo Hoo... I win ! I voted today !
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I suggest waiting, just in case. Don't....

In reply to: Woo Hoo... I win ! I voted today !

...take a chance on tossing your vote away for the wrong person.

Collapse -
How long were you in line?

Did your ballot have many/any propositions on it?

If so how many?

Collapse -
Welcome to the club!

Getting that "I Voted" sticker felt good, didn't it?

The weather has been good except for 2 days. Some parents have taken advantage of the Saturday poll hours to introduce their children of ages who can understand to the voting process while in line. They go over the use of the sample ballot, talk about what the different offices do, etc.

In Florida, 18 year old high school students have studied government, registered to vote, and have been taken to the polls to vote, They may very well have been the most informed ones there.

My state had logged over a million early voters. its going to be heavy Tuesday unless there is an ice storm, which cold keep some people away. That in itself is a strong argument for early voting.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
IF you register with ACORN

In reply to: Illegal

They could probably find somewhere for you to vote early.

Collapse -
They don't canvass in my neighborhood.

In reply to: IF you register with ACORN

Must be trying to get out another type of votes.

Collapse -
Don't let Ebenezer Ed spoil your moment

I always feel very proud to have participated in the process after I vote (I did it last week by the way).

Collapse -
Very well reasoned!!

In reply to: Don't let Ebenezer Ed spoil your moment

Do you have anything meaningful to say, or is insulting me all you can manage?

Collapse -
You have to actually open the post, Ed....

In reply to: Very well reasoned!!

...and not just read the subject line. I thought the body of my post was "meaningful" as was the original post. You are free to disagree.

Collapse -
I read it.

In reply to: You have to actually open the post, Ed....

I stand by my comment, totally.

Too bad you couldn't address what I said.

Collapse -
you are the one

In reply to: Very well reasoned!!

who started out being insulting.

Your arrogance is astounding!

Collapse -
You don't know what you are talking about.

In reply to: you are the one

But that is NOT a surprise.

YOU can talk to ME about arrogance???!! Hahahaha!

Collapse -
(NT) Rick is correct. This sub-thread is closed.

In reply to: You don't know what you are talking about.

Collapse -
I voted last weekend

It was a nearly two hour wait in a slow moving line but quite an education. Of course there are restriction as to how close supporters (or detractors) of candidates or issues can stand near a polling place. There was no shortage of these while we waited outside the building in a line that wound down a main street sidewalk. There was a gentleman handing out leaflets with a names of all the democrats running for office just in case someone wanted to vote that way but had no idea who was running. How nice of him to help the clueless. Happy I saw no such leaflet for Republicans or Independent candidates.

Collapse -
Just ask loudly,

In reply to: I voted last weekend

"Is there one big button I can push when I'm up there to insure I vote for all the Republicans?"

Collapse -
No buttons...paper ballots

In reply to: Just ask loudly,

We had to fill in little ovals with a pen. There were 6 or 8 presidential candidates on the ballot with the two major ones scattered among the rest rather than being listed first. While looking around at the crowd, I wondered if any of them couldn't read well enough to figure out who was who. I have to wonder how long it will be before candidates are allowed to create personal logos and have these placed beside their names on ballots for those with "literary" impairments.

Collapse -
LOL, the Republicans

In reply to: No buttons...paper ballots

Collapse -
(NT) Just once???

Collapse -
Depends.

In reply to: Just once???

Republicans are only allowed one vote. If you go to vote for Obama there seem to be fraudulent organizations that can make you vote more than once.

Kees

Collapse -
In some places....

In reply to: Depends.

Collapse -
(NT) Why would ACORN do that???

In reply to: In some places....

Collapse -
are you impugning his integrity?

In reply to: Just once???

or just surprised at someone voting only once?

Collapse -
I'm just asking a question.

In reply to: are you impugning his integrity?

Don't you have some of your own post to go reply to, James?

Wink

Dan

Collapse -
you're always asking questions.

In reply to: I'm just asking a question.

Don't you ever have any answers?

Collapse -
(NT) Yes.

In reply to: you're always asking questions.

Collapse -
In answer to some of the questions...

President Bush stated very clearly that freely held elections are a victory for Democracy. If you vote... you are a winner.

There were some bond issues and a couple of legislative issues to be voted upon.

About 20 minutes from the time I walked in, to the time I walked out.

Yes, I felt both happy and humbled to be able to vote. First US election I voted in was 1980, when I voted for John Anderson.

Just for giggles... I thought about going back tomorrow morning and asking the folks at the polling place if it was too late to change my mind about the ballot I cast today. I highly doubt they will let me have a "Do Over". Wink

God bless each and everyone who cares enough about their country to participate in a rare privilege such as a fair election. The process is as important as the result. When you cast your vote, you honor the memory of every person who ever gave up their life for this country, as well as anyone who ever sat in a jail cell for months and years, suffered under a torturer's ministrations, or were murdered just because they wanted the mere ability to cast a vote.

Happy

Collapse -
"Do overs"

In reply to: In answer to some of the questions...

It's a little-known fact that Al Smith wasn't the first Catholic to run for Pres. Decades earlier, a Tammany hack pulled a Palin and got into the fray, against all odds. Many of his followers were intellectually challenged- but they were alive- and mis-voted the first time. Although Mulligan protested ...

Collapse -
Get out... Mulligan? Really ?

In reply to: "Do overs"

Heck, you're gonna make me look it up, aren't you...

Grin

Collapse -
Man, I know it, and

In reply to: Get out... Mulligan? Really ?

I don't even golf! Happy

Collapse -
"President Bush stated very clearly ..."

In reply to: In answer to some of the questions...

Ha! Since when are you following HIS lead?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.