HolidayBuyer's Guide

Audio & Video Software forum

Question

Wondershare video converter

by hopelessinseattle / June 28, 2014 6:43 AM PDT

Has anyone tried this software? Does it really work?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wondershare video converter
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wondershare video converter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
The issue I have with it is the SPAM
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 28, 2014 6:48 AM PDT

Moderators have removed hundreds of spam posts promoting it. You can imagine what I think of spammers.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Wondershare
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 28, 2014 7:30 AM PDT

If I'd buy shareware (I never did) I'd only buy it at the end of the trial period. By then, I know if it works for what I need to do with it.

Kees

Collapse -
Wondershare
by hopelessinseattle / June 29, 2014 4:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Wondershare

Its not freeware or shareware, I have to buy it. But I wanted a program that will download all videos, not just Youtube, and have a format converter so if I copied videos onto a DVD I could play them afterwards

Collapse -
To me it's spamware.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 29, 2014 4:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Wondershare

The trouble began with all the spam posts pushing that title. I'd keep shopping but YouTube downloading is an odd issue in that you would be breaking agreements you made in using YouTube. I find many folk today ignore that.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: converter
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 29, 2014 4:33 AM PDT

On their download page, I see a button for a free trial. Can I assume you didn't even visit their site? Then how do you know this is the program you need?

Kees

Collapse -
Wondershare
by hopelessinseattle / June 29, 2014 7:23 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: converter

I didn't see a free trial buton. I found it by searching for a video downloader program. I have a youtube one but it does not download anything else but youtube.

Collapse -
Re: trial
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 29, 2014 7:57 PM PDT

www.wondershare.com/pro/video-converter-ultimate.html has a "try it free" button, immediately left of the the "buy now" button.
Before spending that 50 bucks, I'd try it.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
I use
by James Denison / June 29, 2014 4:26 AM PDT

Record My Desktop in Linux. Never Fails.

Collapse -
Answer
video Converter I often used
by audiofavor / July 30, 2014 3:52 PM PDT

I do not know about this app. I often use Kigo Video Converter Ultimate, that's nice. and u can try.

Collapse -
Same issue with Kigo.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 1, 2014 4:19 AM PDT

That was spammed in the forums.

Collapse -
Answer
Use And Like
by DFWRider / February 5, 2016 9:46 AM PST

Yup, I've tried it, liked it very much, and then bought it. Wondershare also has a suite of other video and audio utilities that can be licensed on an annual basis or a lifetime basis.

The features that I was looking for were speed, accuracy, and capability to overcome certain DVD restrictions. This one scores very high on all these features. Since it was not cheap, I had to try before I purchases. The trial version of video converter will do the correct job according to your choices, but will terminate after completing only 30% of the entire video.

It worked, it worked fast.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.