General discussion

WMDC & WIN7 Syncing problems

Here is a solution for those of you who had no problems syncing your WinMo (Windows Mobile)smartphone with ActiveSync but have experienced problems when you switched to a WIN7 PC.

The Windows ActiveSync & WMDC Forum was of little help to me. I developed my workaround during a lengthy back & forth discussion with Tech Service Reps at my carrier. I hope this works for you:

1) Perform a Hard Reset on your SmartPhone. NOTE: This will delete your synced data on your SmartPhone. Don't do this if your WIN7 PC does not have your Outlook data.
2) Uninstall WMDC, WMDC Drivers etc from your WIN7 PC. Restart your PC to make certain your registry is updated (old habit).
3) Find out what version of WinMo/WMDC works on your SmartPhone (mine was a year old and used WinMo/WMDC v6.1).
4) Google-TM "WMDC (your SmartPhone version)", e.g. I used "WMDC 6.1".
5) Look for the MS/Windows URL to download the correct version of WMDC for your SmartPhone.
6) Download and install the correct version of WMDC for your SmartPhone. Restart your PC to update your registry (old habit).
7) Connect your SmartPhone to your PC via USB cable.
Cool Go through the screens necessary for your connection and confirm what you want synced.
9) The first sync will be long since you used a Hard Reset to delete your old synced data.

This worked for me and I hope it helps some of you frustrated WinMo sufferers as well

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: WMDC & WIN7 Syncing problems
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: WMDC & WIN7 Syncing problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Thanks Mike. Let me share a KB article.
- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks for another article on MS issues.

While I loved MS when I worked for a large company with a large IT staff, I have become much more neutral to negative as a retired senior. One would logically think that MS would want their PC suppliers to know their OS limitations and want PC makers & suppliers to be successful.

Your article demonstrates once again that MS is not consumer focused or customer friendly unless you are a large company that has leverage on MS.

CNET Forums

Forum Info