Question

WLAN Vendor

Hello,

I have a Samsung R519 laptop, and I've recently installed windows 7 after reformatting the HDD, the thing is, I can't tell which version of WLAN driver should install off of the Samsung website, there asre three vendors (Atheros, Broadcom and Intel) to the wireless card, and I can't tell which one is the one suitable for my laptop.

I called Samsung and they told me that they're not sure and that I should try them one by one till I'm successful, my question is : is there any software utility out there that can detect which vendor manufactured my chipset?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: WLAN Vendor
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: WLAN Vendor
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sure.

But why didn't you use the restore media of the laptop? Then it's automatic.

As to identifying hardware, this is an old issue dating back over 2 decades. No standard emerged for identifying what hardware is in the PC. Yes, it's amazing that it never happened. Some folk still can't believe it.

But did you try that title called EVEREST and the other called BELARC ADVISOR?
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Go into Device

manager in Windows and under network adapters you should see both your wireless and wired network cards. If you can't tell by the devices names right click and select properties an it will give you more information.

CNET Forums