The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Without Veronica . . . There is Something Missing

by rkb33 / August 4, 2007 8:07 AM PDT

I feel that there is something missing from the podcast without Veronica. It has nothing to do with Molly or Tom, they are great, but the third voice made the podcast what it is. Because I was not enjoying the podcast as much, I decided to create a forum post explaining why. I was hoping that enough people felt the same way that we might be able to do something about it. I have always enjoyed Rafe Needleman's input, but I think any third voice would add a lot to the podcast. If you feel the same way, feel similarly, or have any suggestions, I ask that you post them in this thread. If enough people agree, we may be able to convince Tom and Molly to bring on a third voice.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Without Veronica . . . There is Something Missing
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Without Veronica . . . There is Something Missing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I agree
by metanoya / August 4, 2007 9:10 AM PDT

but I still enjoy listening to Bol. It does feel like something is missing, maybe we can have Jason join in, not for every epidsode but maybe once a week. No matter whast though, I'm going to keep listening to Tom and Molly.

Candice

Collapse -
You have a point, but......
by CmdrData / August 4, 2007 12:01 PM PDT

TOMO, said as TOE-MOE (Tom and Molly)have been doing a GREAT JOB with this, but I am all for Jason joining the podcast, he seems to be a great guy with interesting input.

Collapse -
a new name....
by trvr3307 / August 7, 2007 9:26 AM PDT

ToMolly! (pronounced tamale). sorry, that just came to me. I had to mention it. The show is great as is, and Jason would only add to that IMO.

Collapse -
ignore me
by trvr3307 / August 7, 2007 9:31 AM PDT
In reply to: a new name....

I was just reading another post, and someone had already thought of it. sorry, ignore me. I'm new to the forums.

Collapse -
I disagree!
by MedicineHead / August 4, 2007 2:49 PM PDT

Veronica, as entertaining as she was, had a tendency to interrupt the arguments, debates, and rants from Tom and/or Molly. Not having Veronica there, however unfortunate, means they'll actually get to their intended points in their conversations.

Collapse -
Possibly so . .
by rkb33 / August 4, 2007 4:48 PM PDT
In reply to: I disagree!

But If I wanted to hear boring news, i would have subscribed to CNET's news.com podcast. I subscribe to BOL for the unique point of view and the jokes made by Veronica, as well as Tom and Molly. If you want boring news, please feel free to subscribe to the news.com podcast, there are three people in this podcast, however, they are all quiet and boring and make listening to "intended points" a whole lot easier. The hosts include Charles Cooper, Leslie Katz, and Erica Ogg. You may subscribe to this podcast at "http://news.com.com/2325-11424_3-0.xml".

Ryan

Collapse -
Boring?! Buzz Out Loud?
by MedicineHead / August 7, 2007 10:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Possibly so . .

You must be joking! Buzz Out Loud isn't boring. I've continued to subscribe to the show because of the hosts. I liked them before because they had Veronica to act a little flighty every now and then. I like it now because they have an older generation's view on technology, and because they now have nobody stopping them from going on rants and/or finishing their train of thought, which allows them to actually get to their point.

It's far from boring. It's just different. I'm sorry you consider it boring now, but I disagree.

Collapse -
I too like the older generation feel....
by dro0001 / August 7, 2007 11:50 AM PDT

...and the more "cratchety" feel to it. I say it is far from boring and I dare say, it seems a bit more polished now.

Collapse -
there is a (developing) third voice...
by shawnlin / August 4, 2007 4:55 PM PDT

there is a (developing) third voice...it's not as pretty, but seems rather well informed and witty too. Keep it up Jason...just turn your mic input level down a bit. Happy

Best,
Shalin

Collapse -
Without Veronica . . . There is Something Missing
by wizkids32 / August 5, 2007 6:51 AM PDT

I think that Molly and Tom are doing a great job I don't think that they need a third person at all or Maybe Jason can talk every now and again.

Collapse -
(NT) NT Bacon, Bacon is what's missing
by ozyman4269 / August 5, 2007 5:25 PM PDT
Collapse -
Veronica was cute
by Nicholas Buenk / August 6, 2007 3:41 AM PDT

lolcats obession, singing, sexy voice.
Sigh Wink That's what is missing. Her youthful exuberance.

Collapse -
(NT) yeah...so, good luck anyway Jason! ;) haha!
by shawnlin / August 6, 2007 3:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Veronica was cute
Collapse -
(NT) True..noone's going to fill her shoes.
by Alegoo92 / August 7, 2007 2:12 PM PDT
In reply to: Veronica was cute
Collapse -
I think
by ChrisTCC2 / August 6, 2007 7:35 AM PDT

... that the guys miss her only because she's hot. Shoot, now I'm obligated to say that Molly is hot too. Tom...well, if I were a woman, I'd say your cute...but I'm not.

Collapse -
A little more Ranty
by mkdrma / August 6, 2007 11:13 PM PDT

I'd say the Podcast has good a little more ranty w/ an option on Crochety. Of course, the podcast wasn't the same when Molly was missing also. I guess I just want to hold on to the TMV days and look forward what comes next. But I do think another voice is needed, when the time is right and the right person comes forward.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?