I totally agree ! The TV is fantastic especially with HD TV Channels and Blu-Rays however the Media connection is really flawed, I can,t get it to play anything through DNLA on my Windows Home Sever
This is my small wishlist i have since I bought the UE46B7070 LED TV (which works great as TV, but some things are not working in Medi@ 2.0):
1. Support for subtitles inside MKV files. Today only external subtitles are supported. Also, if possible, support for several subtitles (as that is an standard feature in MKV files. Should be mapped to the subtitles button on the remote control to easily change on the fly.
2. Support for passing on DTS sound to external receiver. Even if you do not have any built in codec to actual decode the DTS you should be able to pass it on to external receiver.
3. Support for multiple sound track in MKV files (for additional languages OR AC3/DTS sound).
4. Possibility to "mount" NFS or SMB volume for direct media streaming.
I have seen several threads on other forums about people getting access to underlying linux/unix system in the Medi@ 2.0 box and being aboe to mount NFS filesystem on the USB mountpoint. That have given them full access to stream all content from an NFS shared network volume. But there are no kernel-suport today for SMB mount acess. An nice gu to actually be able to at least mount NFS volumes would be an great feature.
5. This is not an Medi@ 2.0 feature, but an request to Samsung to put up Rleease notes for their Firmware updates. Today we have no way to wee what bugs or features that has been fixed in the firmwares available for the TV.
Please, add more to this thread if you wish and HDTech or any other person from Samsung, please provide us with feedback.