Samsung forum

General discussion

WIS09ABGN Wireless LAN Adapter

by bkgkrib / January 21, 2010 4:00 AM PST

A few months back I purchased an '09 Samsung LCD TV and a Blu-ray player, BD 1600. I just purchased the Wireless LAN adapter for either the tv or blue-ray. When plugged into the new tv, it detects my home network just fine, but only detects my SSID on my blu-ray!!! Even though I have good signal strength detected on the blu-ray, it will not connect to the network. If I disable my 128-bit WEP key, then it connects with network. I am not going to leave my wireless network unencrypted! What is Samsung thinking? Leave an open access point on my network just so I can wirelessly stream Net Flix?

I have spent countless hours on the phone with Samsung and they are not helpful. They keep on telling me it is the problem on the people who make my router: Netgear. They also have me power cycle, turn off firewall and nothing works. I keep on reminding them the wireless connection to the tv works!!! They are saying it is my router and my router settings! It is not my settings in my router or the tv would not have connected wirelessly! This is maddening! I just spent $80 on a proprietary wireless device and since tech support at Samsung is not helpful, I will never buy another Samsung product again! Help anyone out there? Thank you in advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WIS09ABGN Wireless LAN Adapter
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WIS09ABGN Wireless LAN Adapter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
good resource.
by boseme / January 21, 2010 4:35 AM PST
Collapse -
WIS09ABGN Wireless LAN Adapter
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 21, 2010 5:16 AM PST

bkgkrib,

Have you tried 64-bit WEP encryption?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Unable to connect my Samsung LEDTV wirelessly.
by anmirand / March 28, 2010 10:07 AM PDT

Similar to the guy who post previously. I bought a 40" Samsung LED TV Series 8 and a dongle WIS09ABGN. I have Virgin Media network and D-Link DIR-615 router. After 2 hours trying to connect my TV to the router I have no sucess. MY TV can pick up the signal from my wireless connection because I can see my SSID listed, but when I click on the SSID address me to two options (PBC, PIN or no security) I used three of them, inclusive no security and still doesnt work. I have now a open/unencripted connection to give it a go and still doesnt work. I dont know what's going on. Can I have some help?

thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?