HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

WIS09ABGN Driver

by alecaparros / August 20, 2010 12:15 AM PDT

Where can I get the WIS09ABGN 2009 wireless LAN adapter to run on Windows 7?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WIS09ABGN Driver
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WIS09ABGN Driver
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
WIS09ABGN Driver
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 20, 2010 10:54 AM PDT
In reply to: WIS09ABGN Driver

alecaparros,

The dongle is designed to work specifically with Samsung television or Blu-Ray players. You might try a generic driver, but outside of that, I'm not aware of a driver made available for computer applications.

--HDTech

Collapse -
WIS09ABGN
by alecaparros / August 22, 2010 3:10 AM PDT

The dongle is not working, the settings are ok, but it doesn't connect to the Internet, what might be wrong? It says it is not able to connect, contact you network provider.

Collapse -
WIS09ABGN
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 22, 2010 10:11 AM PDT
In reply to: WIS09ABGN

alecaparros,

Are you connecting the dongle to a TV? Or a computer?

--HDTech

Collapse -
wis09abgn
by rongetz340 / September 7, 2010 5:43 AM PDT
In reply to: WIS09ABGN

I have no manual for this. I connected it to my TV and found my network, entered the security number and it told me it connected. Have no idea what to do next. Is the network ID and security saved or do you have to input it every time? Nothing shows in my source list on the TV. After the connected message nothing further happened for my to do any input to.

Collapse -
WIS09ABGN Driver
by sciadur / September 22, 2010 12:48 AM PDT
In reply to: wis09abgn

make sure you are using lower or upper case for your network key

Collapse -
W1S09ABGN
by bja1827 / April 25, 2011 11:11 AM PDT

Just purchased UN46D6300 and learned it is web-enabled but not built in WiFi which is kind of crazy for a brand new "smart TV" with a sticker price of $1500. $79 extra seems like a costly add-on. are there any other alternative USB devices compatible that will enable connection? in reading other threads on this topic, rosewill RNX-N1 was mentioned and its about a third the price. any thoughts? thanks.

Collapse -
That's easy to answer.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 25, 2011 1:44 PM PDT
In reply to: W1S09ABGN

The Samsung stick is "supported."
The other stick is great when it works!

Some think the set should come with the stick but wouldn't that be a tax on those that didn't need it?
Bob

Collapse -
Link Stick
by bja1827 / April 26, 2011 10:23 AM PDT
In reply to: That's easy to answer.

thank you, and your point about "tax" is valid. however we're talking about what should be an inexpensive usb that becomes a significant add-on expense, to the tune of about 5% of the cost of the tv. so when you are selling "smart tv" make it complete rather than nickel & dime. anyway, will try to set-up using airport express with ethernet connection into the tv port and hopefully circumvent this situation.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.