Samsung forum

General discussion

WIS09ABGN and Samsung TV and BluRay

I was wondering if I need to purchase two wis09abgn dongles, or if connecting the wireless adapter to my PN50B850 would also connect the BD-P1600 blu-ray player to the network thru the HDMI cable?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WIS09ABGN and Samsung TV and BluRay
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WIS09ABGN and Samsung TV and BluRay
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
WIS09ABGN and Samsung TV and BluRay

In reply to: WIS09ABGN and Samsung TV and BluRay

howver1,

The WIS09ABGN can connect to either your model of TV OR the Blu-Ray player. Unfortunately, one LinkStick will not connect to both units simultaneously. But you can swap them back and forth, depending on what you'd like to do, if that provides a solution.

Hope that helps.

--HDTech

Collapse -
WIS09ABGN

Thank you for the immediate response, that is what I figured I would have to do or buy two.

Collapse -
WIS09ABGN Do I need two of these?

I just bought a new Samsung Blue ray player (BD-P1600) and a new Samsung TV (PN58B550). In order to stream netflix movies, what exactly do I need to do. I have seen forums about a wireless dongle etc. I just need to know if i have to buy one or two and how easy are they to install because i have no idea what i am doing. I have wireless internet at home. (I think it is a Netgear wirless router.) What all do I need to do buy in order to stream the Netflix movies to watch them on my new Samsung TV?

Collapse -
WIS09ABGN Do I need two of these?

In reply to: WIS09ABGN Do I need two of these?

Alicia221,

To stream Netflix, you need one for the Blu-Ray player. The same dongle works on the TV, so if you want to buy one and swap them back and forth from the TV to the Blu-Ray player, you could do that. The same dongle works for both. There are a few internet features on the TV you own, but the streaming features for Netflix is on the BD-P1600.

--HDTech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.