HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Wirelless AND wired ? (UEH7000)

by marsias1964 / March 12, 2015 7:40 PM PDT

I dont see this Possibily !.

Because the Internet router is in another room, i need to go to internet over Wirelless.
In the same time i have a wired connection to my DLNA device over a wired + hub connection under my TV.

thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wirelless AND wired ? (UEH7000)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wirelless AND wired ? (UEH7000)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Since we've mixed wired and WiFi for over a decade.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 13, 2015 1:39 AM PDT

I can't guess what the question here is.
Bob

Collapse -
yes, your router can...
by James Denison / March 13, 2015 1:57 AM PDT

...handle more than one device at a time. Theoretically you can have over 250 IP addresses assigned by most routers, but in practical terms, if a person wants at least 1Mbps and they have a 15 Mbps broadband account, they'd be best to not go past 15 devices. It can become less than that due to wireless capabilities being less than routing abilities. At my house I've had 5 computers on internet at same time while the TV settop box which also has an entry for ON DEMAND was connected. Sometimes I have 2 of my computers running and one or both with virtual systems running so those two may use 4 IP assigned addresses, and on wired not present a problem.

Your question is?

Collapse -
Wirelless AND wired ? (UEH7000)
by marsias1964 / March 15, 2015 4:58 PM PDT

No .. that is not the question.

Question is, If the TV can handle in the same time wirelles and wired connection NOT the router!

Collapse -
don't know
by James Denison / March 15, 2015 9:19 PM PDT

try it out, let us know how it goes.

Collapse -
Simply no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 15, 2015 11:32 PM PDT

All the Samsung TVs have use choose WiFi or Wired. Just one at a time, not both for networking.
Bob

Collapse -
Now that you revealed a little more.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 16, 2015 12:54 AM PDT

Your DLNA device and hub need a connection to your LAN. The TV will not provide that. Your best move is to put the DLNA device on the LAN connection on the router. There are many reasons to not put it on the WiFi.

WiFi is a limited resource so you would scream as you see the performance drop of the DLNA and TV both on WiFi. Connect it to the router.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.