General discussion

Wireless Printer Issues

Hi,

I have a desktop pc Connected to HPLaserjet printer and the printer is accessed by laptops.

Problem :Im not able to send or print any file to the wireless network printer.In the morning it works fine but like from noon the Laptops are not able to send or view the properties of the network printer(HP LaserJet).

Error Message:

When i right click the printer it says "Printer Properties cannot be displayed, print spooler is not running".

Steps I have taken to resolve the issue.

:> restarted print spooler,
:> Disable firewalls
:> Cleared Spool\Printer files
:> Disable all hibernation and set hdd values to never.

But no use.

The problem gets resolved only when the desktop pc and the printer are restarted.

then the laptops are able to print,and add printer and view its properties.

Network Setup :

DSL Modem is connected to nortel security switch 2300 and from there its shared to multiple access points 2332 in every floor.

The desktop pc which is connected with the printer(HP Laserjet 1020)is not wireless.

Note : But Internet can be accessed from this laptops without any hurdle at anytime.but when it comes to printing,Either the print job fails to print,and we cannot access the properties of the printer or add a new printer, when i do it the laptop gets unresponsive.or else it will say the printer name is wrong or network issues.

I am clueless ,Rebooting the printer pc is a temporary resolution and im still not able to determine the root cause,but i have a slight doubt that the problem might be network oriented

Please Guide me with this issue,

Thanks in Advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Wireless Printer Issues
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Wireless Printer Issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums