Computer Help forum

Question

Wireless Mice

by Bob_Yes / July 12, 2013 10:51 AM PDT

I've used various wireless mice on my last 3 computers. In each case, at some point the mouse becomes shakey and unstable. I am now on a core 5, 8 meg machine and can't imagine the problem to be resources. I've used both MS and Logitech mice and the problem persists. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wireless Mice
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wireless Mice
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Don't see that here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 12, 2013 10:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Wireless Mice

I'm only guessing that you installed drivers that came with said mice. For over a decade I've ignored the supplied drivers and gone native.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
USB Inputs
by baybreeze / July 14, 2013 7:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Wireless Mice

Have you tried plugging them in to your other USB ports? If not, I would try that since USB ports can go bad. I have had USB problems with an older PC where it either wouldn't recognize what was plugged in or it gave me intermittent connectivity issues. You could also try your mice on someone else's PC to see if they work or not. I had an external hard drive that started causing connectivity issues until one day it was no longer recognized at all. I even called Maxtor support but they couldn't help. I bought a new power supply, that didn't help. I plugged it into two of my newer laptops and lo and behold, it worked with no problems whatsoever. I also had intermittent problems with both MS and Logitech mice & keyboards that were connected to the older PC, but those mice and keyboards worked perfectly fine on my newer PCs. That's not to say that a newer PC can't have a bad USB connection, though. Other than my older PC, I have not run into any issues with the same mice or keyboards on any other PC (two laptops and another desktop). Well, wait...actually I did have some issue with a Microsoft wireless keyboard & mouse. The wireless station was something that looked like another mouse that was plugged in via USB. The thing literally had to be right next to the mouse & keyboard, or else it gave me problems.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!