Sony forum

Resolved Question

Wireless LAN KDL60X720 Problem

by buzzmag / November 1, 2011 12:17 AM PDT

I've setup the wireless for the TV. The set found my SSID, accepted by network's password and the set confirms the connection. That's as far as it goes. When I attempt to access my network, I get a "server not accessible" message.

Sony tech support and forum useless and the setup and user manuals are a waste of paper.

Any ideas?

buzzmag has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wireless LAN KDL60X720 Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wireless LAN KDL60X720 Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by buzzmag

Collapse -
Sounds familiar
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 2, 2011 3:03 AM PDT

Samsung units are similar. For example you see this happen with WEP protected networks. The common fix is to use WPA2 AES on the router.
Bob

Collapse -
Server not accessible
by buzzmag / November 2, 2011 5:01 AM PDT
In reply to: Sounds familiar

Tried WPA2 AES but that didn't help. Should WMP be open when I try to access the server?

Collapse -
Sounds like progress of a sort.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 2, 2011 5:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Server not accessible

It appears it connects to the network fine. But what server is it looking for?

Just an idea. Many of the new routers have a firewall that was not in older routers and is causing troubles like this. Not to go over why we do this but I have the techs turn it off since it didn't exist before and most folk do not have the time to figure it out. Besides the natural firewall because we have a router will do fine.
Bob

Collapse -
Server not accesible
by buzzmag / November 2, 2011 10:11 PM PDT

Turned off windows firewall and router's firewall. Same results - server not accessible.

Collapse -
Still have one issue to solve.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 3, 2011 4:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Server not accesible

What server is it looking for?

Be aware that some servers do go offline. Sony's network was offline for weeks or months! Samsung decided to do something similar and you hear/read such as folk try to use a product from the US in Canada or such.

What I'm writing is that your network may be just fine. It could be a Sony server that is off line or not reachable in your country.
Bob

Collapse -
Server Problem
by buzzmag / November 3, 2011 9:01 AM PDT

I downloaded an app named TVMOBiLI, installed it and added my media folders to the install. Found a server on the first try. Still trying to get the TV to actually see my shared drives.

Collapse -
To go any further, link please.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 3, 2011 9:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Server Problem

I could not find the KDL60X720 as Sony's site. Maybe I need to try some AUS site?

Collapse -
Server Problem
by buzzmag / November 3, 2011 8:49 PM PDT

Sorry, the correct model is KDL60NX720. Here's a link:

Collapse -
I'll be gone for awhile.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 4, 2011 3:29 AM PDT

Time to ask sony. Other sets had issues and even with the network working, troubles.

I can't find what server it was looking for and we lost discussion time because I could not find the model to check the manual. I thought I'd offer what I know from other sets but time's up. I'll be back in a week.
Bob

Collapse -
Server Problem
by buzzmag / November 4, 2011 6:42 AM PDT

Bob

Collapse -
Server MIA Again
by buzzmag / November 6, 2011 5:46 AM PST

Here today but gone tomorrow. Nothing changed except the WMP server no longer appears. I'd call Sony but they know less than me.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?