Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Wireless Keyboards

Does CNet have reviews on wireless keyboards with a range of 20+ ft? I looked at the reviews but it is overwhelming and it doesn't have a category to refine reviews based on wireless range. Please advise!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wireless Keyboards
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wireless Keyboards
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You can extend this by...

In reply to: Wireless Keyboards

Looking for BLUETOOTH keyboards. I've found 10 or so foot USB extender cables that you could use to move the bluetooth dongle closer to your position.

Remember that such a distance requires more RF power and since it's battery powered the device would eat batteries and soon suffer bad reviews.
Bob

Collapse -
Wired Keyboard?

In reply to: You can extend this by...

We have placed a 42" flat screen in the bdrm - the computer is on the same wall about 3'ft away and connected with the HDTV cable - the room is about 19'X20' - so I will have to use a wired keyboard with an extended keyboard cable? - if this is the case, do I have to buy a specific grade of keyboard extension cable or are they all about the same?

Thanks for the previous SPEEDY reply

Collapse -
Sorry.

In reply to: Wired Keyboard?

Collapse -
?

In reply to: Sorry.

I failed to reveal - I HAVEN'T A CLUE WHAT I AM DOING! - I just want to sit in bed and play a few sissy-la-la games and GOOGLE for information while the husband blares the rock-em, sock-em, bloody, gutty movies in his command and control center in the loft - my knowledge is basically point and click - Bluetooth - I have heard of it - but my cell phone rings and dials - too much gadgetry I don't care to explore - hope I haven't irritated you - my computer knowledge is limited - although I was considering an online course for A+ Certification - something I could do while I sit on the bed and use the computer - I hope you are chuckling - I am glad I can't see you shaking your head

MrsDD

Collapse -
Catch up time.

In reply to: ?

There are 2 major interfaces for keyboards and mice.

1. PS/2 (not that game console.) Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS/2_connector
2. USB.

You have to know which is used on your PC. I supplied a product that extends up to 250 feet for the PS/2 devices.

Here's a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse and dongle package -> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=033

While they note 30 feet that's rather optimistic so I'd put the little bluetooth module closer with some USB extension cable like this one -> http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F3U134-10-Extension-Cable-10-Feet/dp/B00001ZWXA

Hope this shows your possible solutions more clearly.
Bob

Collapse -
ALL

In reply to: Catch up time.

of your reply is good information - you have provided me direction and I am pretty sure I can follow

thank you

MrsDD

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.