Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

Wireless Internet

by Yianni101 / June 5, 2008 1:07 PM PDT

I'm looking for a wireless broadband internet provider which i can connect to.

I currently live in narre warren vic.

I don't know where to start looking or what equipment I would need.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wireless Internet
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wireless Internet
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Usually the EVDO card is all.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 6, 2008 1:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Wireless Internet
Collapse -
PC Card User
by Finland / June 6, 2008 2:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Wireless Internet

I use a PC card express from Verizon for a Mac - its not what I would like to use (compared to cable - even DSL for that matter) but you can use it anywhere you want. Also you're going to pay a lot. I'm forking over $60 a month for 5GB and I don't use up even close to that much; just barely over one. Although I'm not streaming video - but do go to You Tube once in awhile (you wouldn't be able to stream video even if you wanted, not good enough to handle it). But its a pain it doesn't stream video very well and some sites that use sophisticated video (I guess more pixel or whatever) like training video's for Adobe you won't get at all not even after it completely up loads (type of thing) the hiccups stay in the upload (why, I couldn't tell ya). So by all means - if you can avoid it - do so - but if you're like me that's stuck with it - then check into what laptop you wanna use and then see what it's compatible with - and as far as selection goes as to who the "provider" will be? I think your stuck with what one or two are in your area... But let me know if there is anyway to "optimize" this connection to make it better (I'm all ears). Nothing is better than cable (except if you have fiber optics yet).

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?