General discussion

Wireless card range iMacPro Vs Sony PC

Hi all

Yesterday I got together with some friends and we all hook up to the wireless network in the house to work. Something interesting came up, the Macs couldn't be more than 15 feet away from the router (Netgear router) because after two walls the signal was gone. However the Sony PC (using a D-Link) and another Dell PC didn't seem to have that problem, after 30 feet away and a dyrwall and a cynder block wall the signal only went down to 88%. We were all shock because Macs are famous for quality but the wireless sucks? What are the chances of having both MacPro do the same thing and two PCs doing the same thing. Could we be doing something wrong?

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Wireless card range iMacPro Vs Sony PC
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Wireless card range iMacPro Vs Sony PC
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Opposite here.

There are many reasons for this and I've learned to try other channels and routers. You'll find that such is not unusual and like horse races the winners will swap positions.
Bob

- Collapse -
PS. Forgot the big reason.

I've lost count of issues that happen when folk use WEP or no security. And WEP is no security as we have learned.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info