General discussion

Wireless Bridgeing

Hi there,
I have a Netgear DGN200 which os working perfectly. However i have an spare Gigaset SE587 and i want the Giga set to be a wireless bridge so i can connect my computer up satrs an interent connection and improve my signal strangth.

What is the Best way to achive this?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Wireless Bridgeing
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Wireless Bridgeing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Link please.

Supply a link to the product manual and I'll see if this unit does that.
Bob

- Collapse -
Sorry no.

The gigaset does not have the wireless bridge feature. Same for the netgear.

Bob

- Collapse -
Bummer

Is there another way of getting my computers upstairs to work on the interent. I had an laptop with Windows 200 shareing a wireless connection but it no longer works.

- Collapse -
Not with these units.

From your posts it looks like buying a bridge or fixing the Windows 200 machine is not an option.
Bob

- Collapse -
Wink 2k

The Win2k laptop is dead dead, the mother board has dailed on it. How much would a bridge cost these days, i dont have much you money (in uk as well).

- Collapse -
I have a bridge.

I picked up a netgear WGPS606 for 25 bucks refurb. It worked so well I bought a second unit. Setup seems to challange folk and is my bet why so many ended up being returned.

My answer is 25 bucks.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: upstairs

Personally I've got a nice twisted pair cable running up along the stairs from the ground floor to the modem on the second floor, and then an Ethernet cable running down to the PC on the first floor (there's one on the second floor also) together with 2 coax-cables for the cable (TV and radio) also. Works fine.

Depends on the lay-out of your house, of course, if it's feasible.

Kees

- Collapse -
I wish

I do want to get a long etherent cable and plug it into my switch upstairs. But i had a no from everyone else in the house. Thats why i had an 2k laptop shareing a wireless connection.

CNET Forums

Forum Info