Samsung forum

Resolved Question

Wireless adapter for UN46D6003

Hey there,

Just got myself one of the 46" 6003 models, and it is awesome. However, on the websites and in the manual, it states it has ethernet, which I have in my house already wired up.

But the TV doesnt physically come with an ethernet jack, or wifi. So what good is a smart TV without any network at all. Now the only way to connect is to buy a wifi dongle for $75? Maybe I should return it and get the 6000 instead which comes with ethernet apparently.

Are there any other wifi adapters out there that will work with the 2011 Smart TV's?

I already have a Plasma 59" 6500 which I love, and have always liked Samsung products, but it seems like a real bait and switch here to get some wifi adapters sold....

Thanks!
Andrew

along1968 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wireless adapter for UN46D6003
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wireless adapter for UN46D6003
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by along1968

Collapse -
Alternate to Samsung's $70 Dongle

In reply to: Wireless adapter for UN46D6003

There IS an alternate Wifi Dongle for Samsung TVs that you can purchase for $25-$30;

Collapse -
Wired adapter

In reply to: Alternate to Samsung's $70 Dongle

Do you know of a wired Ethernet to usb2 adapter
That would work on the Samsung UN46D6003 USB port?
-Channel32

Collapse -
Answer
Which manual?

Collapse -
Answer
Rosewill RNX-N1is b/g/n only.

It should be noted that the Rosewill RNX-N1is b/g/n (2.4 GHz only) while the higher-priced Samsungs are a/b/g/n (dual band 5 GHz & 2.4 GHz). The Rosewill will not work in an gamer/enthusiast WiFi network. But then anyone setting up one of those will already know that. But there is a reason why the Rosewill is cheaper but is otherwise an economical solution to basic connectivity.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.